DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Producing 3D files in AviSynth (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/479703-producing-3d-files-avisynth.html)

Giroud Francois June 7th, 2010 02:51 PM

nokia is giving for free a MVC 3d encoder, you just need to compile it.
Mobile 3D Video | Nokia Research Center

Steve LaPierre June 7th, 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav (Post 1535815)
I would say it is the player that creates that format (not file format). The reason for it is that you cannot store that format in a 4:2:0 MPEG file because those files must have an even number of lines (or even a number of lines divisible by 4), but that HDMI format always has an odd number of lines, which is double the number of lines in each view plus 45.

Thanks for your information and Pavel Houda's who I couldn't quote in my reply. I use Sony Vegas and had tried using it to combine a couple of files produced from A Fuji 3D camera to no avail. But the subject of the HDMI file format and what is encoded on a Blu-ray disc is of interest even though I know the authoring program is the one that would ultimately generate the proper code. Steve Shovlar's question seemed to be about the same overall topic so I was looking for some more clarity. I will take a look at Pavel's link and maybe a lot more will become clear. Thanks to both of you, especially Adam for pointing out the avisynth program.

Adam Stanislav June 7th, 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel Houda (Post 1535926)
I don't want to start another complaining avalanche if that is right or wrong

Maybe you should! For a technology to be widely accepted, its specs should be available for anyone. BD may be cutting the branch it is sitting on by staying secret and proprietary.

Someone will come up with a public spec for a different technology accomplishing the same, and then it will be bye-bye bee dee!

Steve LaPierre June 9th, 2010 09:00 AM

Pavel thanks for the link that was very informative and a surprisingly short read. For some reason your posts won't allow me to quote them but this is relative to the Tom's Hardware link on Blu-ray 3D. I can see where the authoring of a Blu-ray 3D would be quite complex to create that second view data.

Pavel Houda June 9th, 2010 02:09 PM

Hi Steve, you are very welcome. The whole concept is not very hard, but the current standards need to be extended, because somehow they have to pump twice the # of pixels at the same frame rates, which taxes the hardware, and bandwidth of the existend delivery systems. That is why they either lose half the pixels or come with different, more efficient compression schemes, like the MVC, and then there is no inexpensive authoring and delivery systems for those schemes, at least not yet. It will take a while. I don't know why the system doesn't allow quoting me, maybe it is a hint for me to talk less.... :-)

Adam Stanislav June 9th, 2010 09:32 PM

I have just added some illustrations to the documentation. This should make it easier to understand what the basic functions do.

Pavel Houda June 9th, 2010 10:52 PM

Thank you Adam,you are the greatest!

Adam Stanislav June 10th, 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pavel Houda (Post 1536892)
Thank you Adam,you are the greatest!

Oh, you're making me blush. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3...nroflol6fz.gif

Seriously, I am glad you find it useful.

Seref Halulu December 10th, 2010 06:32 PM

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your tool but i couldn't try it.

I gave it a go with left, right-eye videos demuxed from some of my 3DBDs since i don't have my own 3D left, right videos for the time being. (i don't have 2 camcorders or any new gen. 3D camcorder to shoot yet.)

First i created left avs and right avs.

left.avs:
DirectShowSource("C:\test\left_v.h264", fps=23.976, audio=false)

right.avs:
DirectShowSource("C:\test\right_v.h264", fps=23.976, audio=false)

And final avs:

Import("C:\Program Files\Pantarheon\Pantarheon 3D AviSynth Toolbox\Pantarheon3D.avsi")

lv = DirectShowSource("left.avs").ConvertToYUY2
rv = DirectShowSource("right.avs").ConvertToYUY2

HDMI3D(lv, rv)

And when i tried to open the final avs with MeGui i got this popup:

"Left and right clips must be of the same size!"

I checked out and i met:

Same duration,
Same frame numbers,
but right video is always shorter than the left video as file size!

Weird.

What am i missing?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: OK, i've found i have to re-encode right-video before processing.

Adam Stanislav December 11th, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seref Halulu (Post 1597243)
EDIT: OK, i've found i have to re-encode right-video before processing.

Good. I'm glad you found the answer.

Seref Halulu December 11th, 2010 07:29 PM

Thanks but not sure since i haven't been able to re-encode the right-eye video as for now.

Adam Stanislav December 11th, 2010 10:50 PM

OK, I have received your email and I think you are misinterpreting the "same size" here. It refers to the size of the image. Both have to be the same, that is have to have the same dimensions. So, for example, if the left view is 1920x1080, the right view has to be 1920x1080 as well. But the files do not have to have to have the same number of bytes in them because image compression is highly unlikely to give you that.

Seref Halulu December 12th, 2010 03:10 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

Now i got the right_out.264 file and tried lots of permutations on command line.
But i always got 25 fps instead of 23,976. Here is one of them:

"C:\H264StereoSource_a2>x264 --level 4.1 --crf 20 --tune film -I 24 --b-pyramid none --sar 1:1 --aud --rc-lookahead 24 -o right_son out.avs

avs [info]: 1920x1080p 1:1 @ 25/1 fps (cfr)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.2
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1
An unintentional loss of pictures occurs! Exitb/s, eta 0:00:12
A gap in frame number is found, try to fill it.
RefPicList0[ 2 ] is equal to 'no reference picture'
"
Anyway i converted it to 23.976 back while remuxing with TSMuxer.

And tried to open my final avs with MeGui:

"Import("C:\Program Files\Pantarheon\Pantarheon 3D AviSynth Toolbox\Pantarheon3D.avsi")

lv = DirectShowSource("left.avs").ConvertToYUY2
rv = DirectShowSource("right.avs").ConvertToYUY2

HDMI3D(lv, rv) "

And i got the same popup:

"Avisynth Script Error:
Left and right clips must be of the same size,
bla,bla..."

This is why MeGui doesn't accept MVC or can i open and re-encode this frame-packed stuff in Premiere CS5 or Sony Vegas?

Adam Stanislav December 12th, 2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seref Halulu (Post 1597806)
can i open and re-encode this frame-packed stuff in Premiere CS5 or Sony Vegas?

You can open pretty much anything in Vegas. And as of v.10, it can handle 3D natively, so you do not even need to go through AviSynth at all. And previous versions of Vegas can handle 3D through my Bororo 3D plugin. It is much easier to use Vegas than to use AviSynth because you get to see what you are doing while you are doing it. You just import your left view and your right view and Vegas will combine them for you.

Seref Halulu December 13th, 2010 02:53 PM

Thanks but most of the hobbyists need a free MVC encoder and i think your tool + avisynth script + free MVC encoder would be great.
I used to uıse Premiere CS2 in the past but i mostly needed to use avisynth and Cineform.