Panasonic HDC-SDT750 3D camcorder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old October 10th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic HDC-SDT750 3D camcorder

if shooting with the Panasonic HDC-SDT750 3D camcorder, will you have the option of viewing your footage in 2d?
or once you put on the 3d adapter does the video go into 1 video stream/file only allowing 3d viewing?
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

From the way Panasonic's web site reads it is just splitting the image into a 960x1080 side by side, each side being 960 wide. So I think how you view it will depend on the program you are using to view it and the monitor you use. I believe the JVC 3D TV might have an option to allow you to see one side as if it were full width but with a 2D monitor you would no doubt see a side by side image if played directly into the monitor. Others with better knowledge of this will no doubt give you a better explanation.
Steve LaPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Trustee

Dave I'm not the expert to whom Steve refers but I do understand from someone who knows considerably more than me that the nearest practical camera/subject distance with that camera is 15ft.

On the other hand I understood at a London seminar on 3D 18 months ago that one leg of the side by side pair would be available as a standard 2D image. However, you should be aware that there is general agreement amongst programme makers that you can't produce cameras with high dramatic action in 3D as you can in 2D - so expect slower paced everything.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery