Sony HDR-TD10 3D camcorder announced at CES - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old May 27th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #31
New Boot

Re: Sony HDR-TD10 3D camcorder announced at CES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shovlar View Post
I think the Sony sounds great as a second camera. I film a lot of weddings and aim to offer 3D weddings this year, so as a pickup camera it makes much more sense than two Canon HV40's side by side.

I have put my Panasonic SDT-750 up o Ebay. Whilst its a great 2D camera for the money, the 3D was not great, as it's not true HD, the light loss horrific and no zoom!
Hi,

I have already started doing this (Wed3D.net) and the main problem that you will face is getting this onto a watchable bluray, with menu in full HD. As has been discussed elsewhere you cannot get full HD 3D blu rays without some very expensive software and licensing (see here http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stere...d-blu-ray.html for more info) The easiest way is side by side and, if you want to, anaglyph. I should think you can 'cheat' by saving the film as 3820x1080 so when the tv splits the stream in half the resoloution is still 1920x1080. Anyone tried this? I have with anaglyph but not SBS.

Camera looks good, on consumer level though, but i agree with an earlier post, the small interocular distance may create headaches and even put people off.
Eric Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Re: Sony HDR-TD10 3D camcorder announced at CES

It turns out that Bravia 3DTVs DO support frame packed (full resolution) 1080 60i. Tried it directly out of my HDR-TD10 at a local BestBuy. Looks amazing with fast action. Much better than the mandatory 1080 24P mode. Too bad 1080 60i (and 60P for that matter) weren't mandatory in HDMI 1.4a and aren't in the 3D Blu-ray spec!

So... all you HDR-TD10 owners out there... if you have a Sony Bravia 3DTV, you can view your shots directly from the camera in full 3D high-def. Other branded 3DTV owners may to have to settle for side-side.

Seems to be a LOT of this kind of problem going around. JVC 3D camcorder is 1080 60i as well. GoPro Hero 3D is 1080 30P. Also not supported by most (if not all) 3DTVs. At least the GoPro's can do 720 60P, which IS a mandatory HDMI 1.4a 3D format. Also - the GoPro can be set to 25P in PAL mode - which can be retimed to 24P w/o much hassle.

Update: Panasonic 3DTVs support 1080 60i as well.

Last edited by David M. Cole; May 29th, 2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Updating info
David M. Cole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery