3d Production with AG-3DA1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old January 7th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #1
Major Player

3d Production with AG-3DA1

Hi ,

I recently did the first 3d production for an elevator company:

YouTube - OSMA-Aufzüge 3D Messevideo BAU München 2011

Edited with Vegas 10 Pro.

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2011, 10:30 PM   #2
Trustee

Nice job! The reflections in all the mirrors is quite a challenge to watch - probably to shoot as well!
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Major Player

When we planned the video I grabbed my mattebox + polarizer (4x4) - I knew there would be tons of glass. But there is simply no way to mount any filter to this camera.

a) the front element is to big for my (any??) mattebox

b) the front element is no circle (+ no mounting option) but an oval... no chance for round polarizers or foto filters either.

There would be the chance to mount something tricky in front of the lens - but we didnt do experiments yet.

and you are right: there are scenes that are difficult to see , but on a big screen its easier.

regards

Uli
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:27 AM   #4
Major Player

Which filter for which eye?

Uli,
When I first started looking at your video, something seemed wrong. There was a 3D effect....sort of, but it just wasn't right. Then I tried putting on the 3D glasses in reverse. That fixed everything, and your video looked great! Nice job! I don't know if there is an industry standard for which eye gets the red filter and which gets the blue. But every other stereoscopic video I've seen works with the red filter on the left eye. Does anyone know if there is a standard?
Ken
Ken Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 03:13 AM   #5
Major Player

Well - I´ve only seen the original on a 3D Shutter Display - and side-by-side upload was left side for left eye, right side for right eye - also for youtube upload.

can anybody check / confirm?

thanks

ULI
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Hull View Post
I don't know if there is an industry standard for which eye gets the red filter and which gets the blue.
Yes, there is. Red goes over the left eye, cyan (not blue) over the right.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Major Player

That video is L/R reversed. I need to use parallel viewing method to look cross-eye. Add yt3d:swap=true tag. One window violation around 7:40. Otherwise one of the best I've seen. Very nice use of layering and glass transparencies and distortions. I've downloaded the trial version of the Vegas Pro 10, but after about 14 crashes in three days, I deleted it. It seems that you've got outstanding results.
Pavel Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #8
Major Player

I cannot complete the last entry for some reason, so I am adding what I wanted to add originally:
That video is L/R reversed. I need to use parallel viewing method to look cross-eye. Add yt3d:swap=true tag. One window violation around 7:40. Otherwise one of the best I've seen. Very nice use of layering and glass transparencies and distortions. I've downloaded the trial version of the Vegas Pro 10, but after about 14 crashes in three days, I deleted it. It seems that you've got outstanding results.
Pavel Houda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #9
Inner Circle

YouTube 3D was originally set up for cross eyed free viewing so side by side needs to be left on right, right on left or use the swap tag as mentioned above.
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #10
Trustee

It is very nice. I watched a part of it, then stopped because it took my system forever to download so it was playing, pausing, playing, pausing, until I got tired.

I watched it with ArcSoft Total Media Theatre (though it took me a while to figure out how to get it to play a specific YouTube video) in full color using nVidia glasses.

Truly beautiful, makes me miss European architecture here in the country of the wooden houses. There was one moment, though, that it hurt my eyes because you had the left side of the image come out of the screen. You should never do that on a side of the video frame, only in the middle.

That is an unbreakable rule of 3D because it violates the way we see. We watch videos (and movies) as if through a window (the screen is the window). In real life we can never see a part of an object come out through the window. Doing that instantly breaks the 3D experience. It confuses our brains at best, causes outright physical pain at worst.

But everything else was very nice.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #11
Major Player

well - I watched it on a 63" Samsung PS63C7790 with shutter 3D, and we decided to leave "the heavier ones" in the video , knowing there are some scenes that dont work perfectly (chair in foreground, wall on the right (doesnt appear on the left). It may be related to the size of the screen...

reflections were the tough problem. I found no way to install my 4*4 polarizer on the camera - so there are too many reflections - in one or two scenes you will see me...

I added the reverse tag - does it work now (still have no anagl. glasses, but ordered some)?

YouTube - OSMA-Aufzüge 3D Messevideo BAU München 2011

regards

Uli
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #12
Major Player

The YT payer plays the video correctly now. The stereoscopic window violation is not related to screen size. That causes it's own set of problems, such as too much divergence, not enough disparity, etc. The stereoscopic window violation, like Adam wrote, is related to the fact that you cannot have something in front of a window, and have cut off by said window (behind it). You can, for example, change the parallax, and push the chair behind the screen (during post), and it will not be bothersome. Otherwise it is unnatural and will bother the viewers (until all our window violations reprogram their cerebral cortex's ;-) ).
Pavel Houda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery