DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Hurricane Rig wins Black Diamond Award (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/494566-hurricane-rig-wins-black-diamond-award.html)

Alister Chapman April 14th, 2011 08:52 AM

Hurricane Rig wins Black Diamond Award

I'm really, really pleased to announce that the Genus Hurricane 3D rig, the rig I designed, has won a Black Diamond, Best of Show award at NAB. Thanks to everyone at DVInfo that has shared information and supported me during the beta test and development phases of the rig. I could not have done it without some of the the valuable information gained from this site over the years.

Les Wilson April 14th, 2011 09:13 AM

Re: Hurricane Rig wins Black Diamond Award

This is cool. Always nice to see good design and engineering recognized and rewarded.

Adam Stanislav April 14th, 2011 01:16 PM

Congratulation, Alister! And thanks for all your contributions to 3D.

Carlton Bright April 14th, 2011 07:51 PM

Indeed, Congratulations Alister.
And is it possible to rent it in NYC for an early May shoot using Two SONY EX1's or EX3's?

D. Carlton Bright
Stereoptical Videographer
Brooklyn-NYC
718-486-8185-studio
718-614-4570-direct & text

Tim Dashwood April 15th, 2011 02:22 AM

Congrats Alister. It is well deserved. We had a lot of interest in the rig from everyone who saw it in our booth. It seems to be just the right balance of price vs quality for a very large number of indie filmmakers.

Carlton Bright April 15th, 2011 09:44 AM

I apologize for asking directly like this on the Forum, but as of this date, the Hurricane rig is not yet available via the traditional suppliers (B&H, Abel Cine Tech)
Carlton

Alister Chapman April 15th, 2011 04:01 PM

Yes, Abel Cine are authorised dealers and should have them in stock. Talk to Andy Shipsides at Abel Cine in NY.

FilmTools in Burbank also have stock.

We are not selling through B&H at this time as we believe they do not have the expertise or after sales support needed for a 3D rig. That situation may change in the future.

Carlton Bright April 15th, 2011 04:39 PM

Ah, Thank you Alister.
When I called the NYC outlet, the person was not sure if the Hurricane rig was available in NY, but did refer me to personnel in the LA office.
The person also mentioned that they believed the rig was for Phantom cameras only, but it does function with other cameras, no?

Chris Hurd April 15th, 2011 04:50 PM

Congrats to Alister and Tim and our other DVi family members who won awards at NAB! Story to follow.

Leonard Levy April 17th, 2011 03:35 AM

Wow, That's fabulous Alister and well deserved . Congratulations. Nice to read good news these days.

Lenny Levy

Alister Chapman April 21st, 2011 01:32 PM

The Hurricane Rig works with a very broad range of cameras from small cams like the XF105 to the Sony F3 and even Red One with our optional brace kit.

We will be selling through B&H from late June.

Thanks for the kind comments guys, and of course congrats to anyone else that picked up an award.

Allan Barnwell April 22nd, 2011 08:05 AM

For anyone in the Texas region looking for the Hurricane Rig, we have received our demo unit and are available to demonstrate it as well as take sales orders.

This is really one of the easiest rigs to use and setup. It's one of those things you appreciate more once you get your hands on it.

Allan Barnwell
Omega Broadcast Group - Professional Video Sales, Rental & Services