3D Business Video? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old April 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM   #1
Trustee

3D Business Video?

I was at NAB and had a chance to play with some 3D cameras. I was very impressed with JVC's GY-HMZ1U 3D camera (expected street price of about $2k).

We shoot only business video - training, promotional, trade show videos, etc. After looking at the number of booths that had passive 3D televisions (where it's still affordable to hand out free 3D glasses) I was wondering if it would be worth offering this as a service.

I could see manufacturing companies demoing new devices in 3D, or simply using 3D as an attention grabber.

Is anyone doing this?
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: 3D Business Video?

I've been doing this for 6 years. It can be quite lucrative, but I think you'll find that you'll need more than a basic twin lens camcorder to make anything decent. First you should go and learn more about how to shoot and present S3D correctly. Bad 3D is un-watchable.. period. A twin lens camcorder will be very restrictive and severely limit the range of shots you can do, for a start you won't be able to get very close to your subject.
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: 3D Business Video?

Thanks a lot, I really know nothing about 3D, so there would definately be some research to do.

Do you find it hard to sell this service, or is there a segment of clients out there looking for 3D shooters?
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery