DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   A New Camera, with Stereoptical abilities (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/497539-new-camera-stereoptical-abilities.html)

Carlton Bright June 22nd, 2011 07:38 PM

A New Camera, with Stereoptical abilities

This new camera seems like it will be good for specific uses in Stereoptical work.
it will supposedly be coming out later this year. It looks pretty amazing.
There is a Video on the website. but here is a few sentences;

"Lytro’s camera works by positioning an array of tiny lenses between the main lens and the image sensor, with the microlenses measuring both the total amount of light coming in as well as its direction.

The technology also allows photos to be taken in very low-light conditions without a flash, as well as for some eye-popping three-dimensional images to be taken with just a single lens. To view photos in full 3-D, users still need some sort of 3-D display, such as a 3-D phone, PC or television. However, even without such a display, a certain amount of 3-D is visible."

Start-Up Lytro Aims to Sharpen Focus of Entire Camera Industry - Ina Fried - News - AllThingsD

Sareesh Sudhakaran June 22nd, 2011 10:23 PM

Re: A New Camera, with Stereoptical abilities

I wonder how they'll align all those lenses...and control and manage the data rate...but cool step forward into the future.

Charles W. Hull June 23rd, 2011 02:46 PM

Earlier this week I was talking with a scientist at UNC and she asked about a now very successful company that she knew I had followed and worked with since it's very early stages. I commented that I first knew about the company when it was a couple of graduate students at Stanford. She replied, doesn't every successful new company start with a couple of graduate students at Stanford?

Well, with Lytro it sounds like just one graduate student at Stanford. This is indeed progress. Let's hope it becomes a resounding success.

Hey, you can reserve a camera on their web site. I'm in.

Carlton Bright June 27th, 2011 10:21 PM

At an Upper East Side event/party last December, I met one of the founders of PANDORA, and I believe he attended Stamford... interesting.

And here is more on LYTRO, the new concept camera.
I am curious if this camera will lend itself to those working with Lenticulars also.

Photos you can refocus: Lytro promises camera within a year: Digital Photography Review

Charles W. Hull June 30th, 2011 08:09 PM

Lytro 3D Video

Here is a You Tube 3D video that Lytro posted. It isn't actually video but a series of stills showing 3D; it is mostly the 2D stills already on their web site, but processed for 3D. This was shown at their launch party last week. Get out your anaglyph glasses!

YouTube - ‪Lytro 3D Living Picture Demo‬‏

Michael Przewrocki July 18th, 2011 03:25 AM

Home - Raytrix GmbH
have the same or similar cams.
prices starting at 1800 euro and
continuing from 15000 euros upwards for the higher end cams......