DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Sony Vegas pro 11 & 3D BD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/506677-sony-vegas-pro-11-3d-bd.html)

Kaspar Kallas April 5th, 2012 02:53 AM

Sony Vegas pro 11 & 3D BD

Hello

I have made few 3D BD's out of vegas, simple screeners - the only problem is that they play back correctly only on Sony BD players. The source is 23.976 QT files. On sony everything plays back fine but on other players I see frame-blending artifacts in editing locations? Anybody else seen this and knows a workaround?

Thank You
Kaspar

Wolfgang Schmid April 5th, 2012 04:34 AM

Re: Sony Vegas pro 11 & 3D BD

What player is it?

What settings have you used to generat the 3D BD?

Kaspar Kallas April 5th, 2012 01:49 PM

1. Players that had problems playing back are:
Panasonic DMP-BDT350
Denon DBP-1611UD

players that work flawlessly:
Sony PS3
Sony BDP-S470

2. Project settings are 23.976fps and 5.1 audio timeline (source footage is either stereo cineform @ 23.976 or proRez 23.976 two files) and in bur BD menu I use PCM audio (still running trial)

Thank You
Kaspar

Wolfgang Schmid April 5th, 2012 02:19 PM

And have you burnde the 3D BD from the timeline with the settings of the MVC-encoder?

And sorry, I do not know what you mean by "frame blending artefacts" - but I undestand that you have that on ther first two players, but not on the second two?

Ron Labbe April 5th, 2012 06:52 PM

That's interesting... I only have PS3 and Sony 3D laptop, thought I was successful~!?

ron labbe
studio 3D

Kaspar Kallas April 6th, 2012 01:47 PM

Hi

There really are no settings you can monkey around with MVC encoder if using burn BD option with 1920x1080 timeline as there really is only one format that is officially supported by BD spec for 3D that is 23.976 progressive. In full version I think it is possible to use AC3 audio but I am using the uncompressed.

The artifact looks like previous and next frame are blended together with 50% opacity.

Thank You
Kaspar

Paul Newman April 12th, 2012 02:20 PM

Did you shoot 23.976 progressive? if not, you will experience exactly what you are reporting.

Paul :-)

Bruce Schultz April 12th, 2012 03:04 PM

Try making an ISO file in Vegas and burning that with ImgBurn (free) software ( The Official ImgBurn Website ). I found that was the most universal solution with earlier versions of Vegas.

I use Adobe Encore and have no troubles with disks being read by any BD player. I recently sent some BD side by side disks to France for MIP-TV and no one had any playback issues. Encore has another advantage on the Mac side which is that you can import a FCP 7.0.3 timeline as XML and burn a disk directly that way.

Kaspar Kallas April 13th, 2012 01:21 AM

Paul,
original footage is 23.976 so there is no frame blending or any other artifacts when previewing the timeline.

Bruce,
I will try the iso option but I don't think that burning itself could cause the issue, rather than the muxing of the file. Side-by-side is not an option for unfortunately.

Thank You
Kaspar

Paul Newman April 13th, 2012 04:47 AM

it sounds like a player problem then, does Vegas produce profile 5 discs? or just profile 2 and does it use MVC files on the disc or dualstream AVCHD - I have vegas 11 but cannot get it to produce a 3D BD, it simply throws some odd errors.

I have good results from Cinevision and Scenarist, and average results from Power Director 10 (cheap)

Paul