DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Create .MPO on a Mac? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/506985-create-mpo-mac.html)

Jesse Blanchard April 16th, 2012 05:51 PM

Create .MPO on a Mac?

Anyone know of a workflow for this? The closest I've come is viewing them with StereoSplicer.

Jesse Blanchard April 16th, 2012 06:05 PM

Re: Create .MPO on a Mac?

Contacted these guys. It's unclear if the program will save two jpegs together as MPO.

MPO3DViewer | SI Agency Co., Ltd. to provide the MAC app

Jesse Blanchard April 17th, 2012 08:40 AM

Success! I was able to get Stereophoto Maker going on my Mac Desktop using Crossover. I bought this application last year to try and get Stereoscopic Player running on a Mac with no luck. But this time, it worked.

CrossOver: Windows on Mac OS X with the easiest and most affordable emulator - CodeWeavers

Neil Richards April 18th, 2012 02:25 PM

You beat me too it Jess - I was going to suggest just that.

However, I have both StereoPhotoMaker and StereoMovieMaker both running fine under Crossover so don;t know why you have problems with the latter.

It is a bit temperamental though. I couldn't get Panasonic HDWriter or Edius (ha ha) to run. Have now given up and just installed Parallels and Win7...

Jesse Blanchard April 26th, 2012 01:43 PM

Hey Neil (or any other knowledgable soul) -

I'm getting a consistent error of 'Cannot Save BMP' and then it quits while trying to save MPO (and other formats as well). It seems to be related to the pictures themselves as certain pairs never work and others do. I've tried restarting, erasing the Crossover Bottles, renaming and resaving pictures, and moving pictures to folders that have pictures that are saving correctly. Any ideas? I'm stuck.

Neil Richards April 26th, 2012 03:07 PM

Sorry, no idea, never seen anything like that happen, although I've stopped using Crossover now.

I know it's money, but Parallels 7 and a copy of Win 7 just do the job and and shouldn't be more than $150 or so.

Jesse Blanchard May 18th, 2012 08:43 AM

Thanks for the tip or Parallels, Neil! I got that and a copy of Windows running and it has made my life so much easier. I'm really impressed with how well it works. I also used it to run widows-based conversion software for 3DS and it worked great.

Neil Richards May 18th, 2012 12:08 PM

Great to hear that Jesse :) Yes, it's very impressive, runs smooth as silk and most of the time with applications you can hardly tell which OS you're using anyway since you're mainly using their UI.

Parallels and Win7 seems very stable for me on the Mac and now I just don't think about it anymore.