DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   3D Demo Reels (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/508336-3d-demo-reels.html)

Jesse Blanchard June 7th, 2012 04:35 PM

3D Demo Reels

I did a quick search and didn't find any demo reels in the forum. I'd love to see footage from other shooters from time to time. Here's a quick edit of stuff that I've shot.

Tim Dashwood June 12th, 2012 01:02 PM

Re: 3D Demo Reels

Here's an old one from my company. This thread is a reminder that I really need to update our reel.

Click on the YouTube icon in the lower right to go to YouTube and watch in 3D.

Bob Hart June 12th, 2012 07:21 PM

A much more mundane effort as the system is still being built up and learned. The first shot fails because of roll error. The last shot is an attempt at left-eye dominent converge pull on approaching subject.

Carlton Bright June 18th, 2012 10:50 AM

Here is a few minutes from a Dance/ Performance piece.

This short excerpt was completely hand aligned and synced, and took many hours about a year or two ago.
I am waiting for EDIUS 6.5 ...I believe it has some "auto-align, sync, etc" features, and different format abilities, then I will include footage from a pair of modified FLIPS used too in the complete 25 minute performance,

The sample it at:

Bruce Schultz July 8th, 2012 10:55 AM

This is a sizzle cut for a 3D documentary about the Amazon rainforest and an annual festival held there. Currently in 3D post production.

Put on your Red/Cyan glasses, go full screen & turn UP the volume !

Paul Newman July 9th, 2012 06:42 AM

Here's a little title test sequence using Cinema4D and Edius:

Short 3D Title test - YouTube

Paul :-)

Matt Faw July 13th, 2012 12:51 PM

Nice shares, y'all. I don't have any professional footage, since I just started shooting last November. Here's a montage of experiments I shot in my first weekend with my first 3D camera, the TD-10.

Neil Richards July 15th, 2012 08:24 AM

I don't have a 3D showreel as such (I really must make one) but the un-reconstructed males on this forum might like this music video I shot on a Pannie 3DA1 with my friends at Lightworx Media in Bristol, UK:

That was a tough gig.

I provided all the 3D production equipment, ran the camera and was stereographer on the shoot. Edited by Jon Lomas on an Avid system. The video was reviewed recently on the Stereo 3D Channel, link to the blog here:

Stereo 3D Channel: 3D Music Video: Deyn S & Rhythmic ft Eliza - Two Funky Two 3D

I also did a 25 minute Mercedes AMG C63 car review with Car & Driving motoring journalist Jonathan Crouch. Production company was another friend Ian Sandall at SPL Communications in Manchester, UK. Ian directed and edited, this is the sizzle reel he put together:

This was also mostly shot using a Pannie 3DA1, sometimes on my jib and shot at 720/50 so we could slo-mo it, but I did the interior beauty shots with a little pannie SDT750 (yes, really). The inside driving shots with Jonathan talking to camera were done by Ian using his GoPro3D.

Finally I might add this one, a film competition entry this year, conceived, scripted, shot, edited and delivered in 5 days and the only stereo 3D film out of nearly 30 entries:

Shot using a Pannie Z10000, often on a Glidecam 4000, with the capsule inside shots again using the trusty little SDT750. It's far from perfect and it actually works best as a 4-4:30 film than this 3 minute cut to meet the competition rules but anyway this is what we managed to do in 117 hours. Stereo 3D VFX by Mike Steadman, I did all the editing using Edius. This is the second year I've put a stereo 3D film into this competition and it's become a point of pride, just to show that you can produce a 3D film in this timeframe. We didn't win though...

Theres's a bunch more of varying quality :) some just tests, on my YouTube channel:

- DigitalFilmCompany's channel - YouTube

Cheers

Neil

Matt Faw July 19th, 2012 01:45 PM

Not exactly a reel (or even exceptional stereo), but I just shot this the other night, and thought it was pretty interesting. Massive police deployment in downtown L.A., after a clash with Occupy protestors. The scene with the paddy-wagon is pretty freaky. Shot with the NX3D1, so yes, lots of low-light noise.

Carlton Bright July 19th, 2012 07:55 PM

Intreguing footage... and rare to see 3D overnight journalism, (in effect, in a way)
And what is the audio track?

Matt Faw July 20th, 2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlton Bright (Post 1744492)
Intreguing footage... and rare to see 3D overnight journalism, (in effect, in a way) And what is the audio track?

I heard about the police action on the radio, grabbed my camera, and went down. I figured the lighting wasn't going to be ideal, but I wouldn't get too many chances to shoot that sheer number of police. All the protesting was done by the time I got there, just hundreds of cops, marching around from place to place. At first I was a bit shy, but none of the cops gave me a (very) hard time, so I got more and more brazen. I wish I had gotten a better look into the paddy wagon, because I'm still not sure what was going on; obviously someone was unconscious, but I have no idea of who, or how they got that way.

The music is Amon Tobin, "Golfer vrs Boxer" from Supermodified.