DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/)
-   -   Importing 3D Files to a PC from MAC formatted Hardrives (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/3d-stereoscopic-production-delivery/509417-importing-3d-files-pc-mac-formatted-hardrives.html)

Carlton Bright July 18th, 2012 09:11 PM

Importing 3D Files to a PC from MAC formatted Hardrives

After much weighing of issues, I decided on, and then purchased An ASUS 3D laptop,( the G75VW).
Although new to PC configurations I figured out how to download the EDIUS 6.5. and it is up and running. Next, I need to be able to import my 3D files, but they are all on MAC Formatted Hardrives.

Does anyone know of the best way to handle , or approach this situation?
Thanks in advance,

Carlton

Pavel Houda July 18th, 2012 10:47 PM

Re: Importing 3D Files to a PC from MAC formatted Hardrives

I use networked drive which I use as intermediate storage. I also use this drive as my server for spooling videos to my TVs. Solid State drive formatted properly is faster, however. Load it on your mac and spool on PC via USB or whatever.

Paul Newman July 19th, 2012 01:47 AM

You can use this:
MacDrive

or download Ubuntu and make a boot disc DVD, boot up and transfer your files. Ubuntu is an open source free OS which will "see" and transfer your mac formatted material to an NTFS formatted windows drive either within the laptop or to an external drive -all free.

Paul :-)

Neil Richards July 19th, 2012 01:48 AM

Carlton, MacDrive allows Windows to read & write OSX HFS drives:

MacDrive

I've not used it but you can try it for free before you buy it.

Cheers

Neil

Carlton Bright July 19th, 2012 07:42 PM

Thank you for the 3 replies, I will try to download , open it and activate it soon. The LINUX sounds like it may lead to other 3D solutions and options. thank you.

BTW- this will be answered as soon as I get to editing separate camera-3D but the volume of 3D MAC files over the years is several Teras in size, so speed is a concern too.

In the mean time this question is a recent concern about EDIUS 6.5. It seems the side by side output is only "squeezed".

In FCP you can "custom" the sequence to 3240x 1080, so the two 1920 x1080 files retain their size and are not compromised by "squeezing"

Can Eduis output without compromising the files too, or am I missing a setting to concept here?

thanks,
Carlton

Neil Richards July 20th, 2012 09:17 AM

Carlton, Edius 6.5 has a "Separate Left/Right" file output option which gives you both in full res. It's in the Export menu.

Carlton Bright July 20th, 2012 06:31 PM

Answer found - removing this post-

Carlton Bright July 20th, 2012 06:37 PM

odd- the last post duplicated here- trying to remove-