3D film fixes vision problem. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Trustee

3D film fixes vision problem.

Now this link is nice: BBC - Future - Health - How a movie changed one man’s vision forever.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 3D film fixes vision problem.

Very cool. My story is somewhat similar. It wasn't a movie that woke up my stereo vision, although "Meet the Robinsons" was the film that opened my eyes to how pleasurable cinematic 3D could be. However, it is precisely because my own stereo vision has woken up so much, over the last decade or so, that I am so motivated to be involved and producing in 3D. I can't take it for granted!
Matt Faw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:43 AM   #3
Trustee

What amazes me most about this case is his age. It happened to him at the age of 67. Traditional wisdom has always assumed that we sexagenarians can only move down the hill and here is someone even older than me whose perception has improved after watching a 3D movie. :)
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Trustee

I have had a similar feeling after watching a stereoscopic movie. My 'appreciation' (for lack of a better word) of 3D in the real world increased.

I wonder what will happen if I continuously watched 'badly produced' stereoscopic videos.
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:19 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I had a similar experience, showed one of my stereo 3D movies (a contemporary dance sequence) to a lady friend a few months back who'd been told by doctors she couldn't sense any depth or see in 3D. She said it would be a waste of time to watch it and I said well lets try anyway. Started the film and she went "hey!" and then the dancers arm came out of the screen and she was going "I can see it! I can see it!" so I said there you go, you're not stereo blind after all.
Neil Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:41 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Richards View Post
I said well lets try anyway.
That’s the way to do it! :) I bet she was glad you did.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery