Panasonic VW-CLT2: Need Basic Advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old July 20th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Panasonic VW-CLT2: Need Basic Advice

So, on a whim, I purchased the above-mentioned 3D lens adaptor for my almost as new Panasonic HC-X920. I'm embarking on a long-planned vacation to Europe, but the 3D lens was a last-minute impulse. I figured, "Why not? I won't be going back for years, if ever!"

I picked that 3D lens because it was advertised with the camera, but I have read around that it is not a very sophisticated 3D lens and I won't be creating award winning shots. Nevertheless, I want to make the most of it.

The real problem: None of the things one does with 3D once one shoots it has turned out to be easily done. My new Samsung LCD TV won't recognize the AVCHD file on a USB drive. Playing the file from the camera via the HDMI does not work, at least with my old pair of 3D glasses. (From "Coraline", I think.)

TMPEGEnc does not seem to be able to handle editing it (not surprising), or I don't know what kind of output to use. Other 3D capable editing software seems kind of iffy about whether it can actually handle this kind of 3D file; no specific mention of 3D AVCHD files imported.

Now, I'm sure all this info is buried in the web somewhere, but I put myself in a pickle. I am departing in five days and am burning through my available time. I'm afraid that I'll be able to only shoot but not post anything while I'm there, which would be a bummer. I turn to this group because it has had sage advice and solid answers on other topics in the past.

Can someone tell me:

The least expensive software that can edit these files and output a file viewable on Youtube?
Can 3D files be viewed on YouTube?
What kind of file do I want to output so that said video can be seen, on YouTube, by my Samsung, or anywhere? Am I gonna have to burn a BluRay?
Are my movie theater glasses useless?

Any help for this fool would be appreciated.
Ken Reeser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery