Panasonic AG-3DA1 and HDC-Z10000 Field Production Rigs with lossless capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old September 20th, 2014, 04:00 AM   #1
Major Player

Panasonic AG-3DA1 and HDC-Z10000 Field Production Rigs with lossless capture

I decided to use tried and tested cameras as it was time to make my first film and I did not want to screw up.

First up :- Panasonic HDC-Z10000

Best used indoors due to the reduced IA.

This can output frame-packed 1080p on HDMI 1.4 - this can be captured via Ultrastudio 3D and a MBP with Thunderbolt. More details on the entire rig here.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11733...83342812092193

This includes power supply solution, and DIY LANC remote.

I highly recommend the Cyclopital3D filter attachment for the Z10000.

a. LANC Remote - Modded the wireless remote and attached the IR led in front of the IR receptor. Used an old mp3 jogging pouch as tripod pouch.

b. DIY rig for using Ultrastudio 3D in the field - battery, cables and tripod platform mods.

c. MBP modded with DVD-BD replaced by second SSD for capture.
Attached Thumbnails
Panasonic AG-3DA1 and HDC-Z10000 Field Production Rigs with lossless capture-2014-09-19-14.27.53.jpg   Panasonic AG-3DA1 and HDC-Z10000 Field Production Rigs with lossless capture-2014-09-19-14.08.34.jpg  

Old September 20th, 2014, 04:01 AM   #2
Major Player

Panasonic AG-3DA1

Second up :- Panasonic AG-3DA1

Best used outdoors due to the lifesize IA.

This can output dual channels over 2x SDI connectors. The easiest way to capture is by using 2x Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 - setup for capture to ProRes.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11733...81753506855153

This includes power supply solution, and a baseplate as well as attaching all the gear together.

I highly recommend the Zunow 3D WA attachment for the 3DA1.

a. I took out the standard BMD battery, drilled some holes and attached full BNC connectors externally. The connectors are sideways for space saving.

b. Standard Sony battery chargers - the charging electronics was removed and a center hole drilled. Then it was all screwed to the baseplate. 7.2v was connected in series for 14.4 V of power. I get 4 hours of constant recording. Can get higher capacity batteries if needed.

c. I used the space on 3 sides to tap and drill some holes to attach the 2x Shuttles together.

Works like a charm though its a bit heavy and bulky.
Old September 27th, 2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Tourist

Re: Panasonic AG-3DA1 and HDC-Z10000 Field Production Rigs with lossless capture

Thanks for this.
Richard Weddle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery