Assorted SLC posts 2007 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics

Old December 15th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #16
Regular Crew

My DIY Configu-Rig

so i finally decided to build some sort of support system for my dvx. before I go on, i'd like to say that the inspiration and idea (and most of the design) came directly from the design of the spider brace so credit goes mostly to that.
I went to home depot a few days ago and got a bunch of pvc electrical conduit and connecting box and some other miscellaneous parts. maybe total of like $5-$8 worth of parts. about 3 hours of tinkering and smelling melting PVC later, I came up with a convertible rig that's so far very promising.
Thusfar I came up with 3 configuarations for it. One is very close to the spiderbrace, one seems more convenient for me (the placement of the handles) and one is a fig-rig style ..
I then did some updates to include screw-in bases in the legs that can accomodate wheels for a table-dolly .. that part is still in progress..
anyway.. here's the original dvxuser.com thread on it

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=81146

and my new sample video:
http://www.story-tailors.com/play.php?movieid=666

enjoy
Mike Drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I am a plastic pipe fanatic. Just love plastic pipe. Have made 35mm adapters, booms, light stands, backround supports and all manner of things for video work of of that stuff. You just showed me a new way to go.....
Old December 24th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #18
Trustee

Cast support steadicam?

Hey guys, I just had a crazy idea. You know those metal supports that some people use when they break their arms? I have no idea how to do it, but I think that that hard core metal structure could originate a very decent cheapo steadicam (please don't stone me to death, Mikko). Just a tip for you DIY fellas to get cracking.
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #19
Trustee

Pro Gripper Quad vehicle mount Product Review

Recently Kendal Miller and myself did a video review of the VFGadgets Pro Gripper Quad vehicle mounting system. We've finally found the time to get it online. There is a 10 minute video review of the Quad posted over at FresHDV, as well as a short spec commercial we cut together with the Quad footage and some other Mustang GT footage taken with an HVX. It's available in both QT H.264 and Flash formats.

EDIT: Bandwidth is getting hammered at present, here are mirrors of both the LOW and HIGH bandwidth versions of the video review. The GT spec clip is mirrored here.
Attached Thumbnails
Assorted SLC posts 2007-behindthescenes_car_mount_front.jpg  

Last edited by Matt Jeppsen; January 10th, 2007 at 03:45 PM.
Matt Jeppsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #20
Major Player

Matt, Kendal; well done - a very nice presentation on the Pro Gripper Quad, a very helpful overview of pros/cons of the device.
Greg
Greg Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #21
Trustee

Bogen Stick 3001 - what is the empty screw hole?

I just received my 3001 legs from Ebay and notice that there are two screwholes connected to the head shaft. One is for tightening the shaft in a position either up or down (looks about Metric6 or 1/4) and the other looks about 5/8 but doesn't seem to have a purpose because there is a screw that comes down blocking the passageway to the shaft - so I am not sure what it does! Anyone?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #22
New Boot

I think the hole you are talking about is used to attach a strap to the tripod. Some of the Bogen straps are secured to the top of the tripod there.
Jon Meester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #23
Major Player

SUNPAK Parts?

Can someone tell me how to get repair parts for a SUNPAK 7500 Pro/PlatinumPlus. The upper joint came apart. I still have the clamp, but need to replace the broken internal plastic parts.

The only web link I've found is sunpak.jp, and they don't show any tripods.
Old July 25th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #24
Major Player

Parts in the Mail

I contacted ToCad America, and they are sending me the parts at no charge.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 07:01 PM   #25
New Boot

HELP! Attaching a L4-Pro to a tripod

Just found my L4-Pro (been missing for a long time)... I was never able to figure out how to mount the thing to a tripod (using the tripod head for the camera). Any homemade work-arounds for attaching a small LCD to a tripod leg or other mechanism?
Timothy Donley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:08 AM   #26
Regular Crew

best teleprompter for viewer eye level

What is the best teleprompter for getting the best eye level? I should mention that my budget is $1500, max, and I'll be using it for a Canon XL2.

I've been looking at Prompter People and Ikan. The Ikan model sits above the lens, the PP, I believe, is parallel with the lens. The Ikan cost less than PP but is there an issue with the eye height? To me, it's annoying to see the talent's eyes lower or higher than they should be.

Anyone have either of these? What's your experience?

Any other prompters in this price range worthy of consideration considering my concern about the eyes?

Thanks.

Chuck
Charles Penn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics