DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Additional Camera Support Topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/additional-camera-support-topics/)
-   -   A special thanks to Charles P. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/additional-camera-support-topics/25667-special-thanks-charles-p.html)

Charles King May 7th, 2004 02:39 AM

A special thanks to Charles P.

I don't know if it's been done but I'll like to thank Charles P. for all the support he has been giving everyone on this forum. A source of invaluable information to say the least.
Apart from Garret he's one of my favorite operators along with Larry and Jerry. Hey, is it me or do these names tend to rhyme? ;)

Thanks for all the support.

Charles Papert May 7th, 2004 09:54 AM

Very kind words Charles K. We will have to work out something with our names to avoid confusion! Mind if I call you Bruce? Or perhaps we can just call each other Bruce. That'll do it...

Congratulations to you on your book, that's fantastic that you got it out there. I'm looking forward to seeing it very much.

It's my pleasure to be here on DVinfo.net. It's a great community.

Charles King May 7th, 2004 11:36 AM

"We will have to work out something with our names to avoid confusion! Mind if I call you Bruce? Or perhaps we can just call each other Bruce. "

You can say that again. :) What about Ti. That's the username I use on most of the other forums.

Taylor Moore May 16th, 2004 02:11 AM

A thank you to both Charles, K and P. I have learned much from your posts here and at other forums:

Charles K, I am sure your book is selling well and hope that LULU worked out for you.

And to Charles P.
I happened to be showing some friends "Office Space" and believe that the Operator on the film was Charles P.
If it is the same Charles P, I salute you...what a great film.

I am still a hack Glidecam operator but I would be alot worse without your help.

T

Charles Papert May 16th, 2004 07:09 AM

Cheers, Taylor. I am indeed that Charles Papert; glad you enjoy "Office Space". It's amazing how big a following it has grown on video.

Charles King May 17th, 2004 11:25 AM

Thanks Taylor. BTW Charles P. Great job on that movie. I liked it as well.
Taylor, I've changed to cafepress due to the shipping charges which are ridiculous. The book seems to be selling better over there.
BTw Taylor, I would like some pics of your back-mounted vest that you did as well as some pics of your sled that you modified slightly. I would like to use t in my second book about new additions one can make on the V-series, of course if it's alright with you?

Ryan Martino May 18th, 2004 10:16 PM

Charles Papert shot office space....

i knew i was hanging out on the right forum!

Taylor Moore May 20th, 2004 09:18 PM

Charles K, Please feel free to use my backmount pix...www.moorefilms.com/backmount.htm

I can reshoot higher rez and send to you.

Charles P., well I would love to hear some stories from the "Office Space' shoot...

I used to work for a large game company and the similarities were hilarious...