cam att. to head? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 16th, 2004, 03:43 PM   #1
Major Player

cam att. to head?

Hi all.

I'm planning a bike ride and would like to attach my cam (trv-19) to the side of my head, to keep my hands free and at the same time be able to "pan and tilt."

Does it exist some kind of mount? Has anybody done something similar? Any idea is appreciated!

Thanks..
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:50 AM   #2
Major Player

No? Anybody? Anything?
I could really use your help people.

Thanks.
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, since you are desperate for ideas...here's one.

If your camera is a top loader, glue the camera to the top of your helmet with silicone glue. It should be pretty stable yet if you want to remove it, it should be able to come off fairly easily. Or you could put a screw through your helmet instead.

If your camera is a bottom loader, perhaps you could use an L-bracket glued to the side of your helmet with the cam screwed on the bottom leg of the L.
Nick Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #4
Major Player

Well it's an idea! But not exactly what I was thinking. I'd like to have the camera on the side, over an ear instead of on top of a helmet.. But doesn't seem like it's been done before?

Well, thanks anyway.. I'll try to come up with something somehow..
Alfred Okocha is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics