The use of females in grip publicity pics - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 18th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #16
Trustee

I have to make a new distinction now. You can have attractive without being overtly sexual. The difference between a nice cashmere sweater and slacks and miniskirt and halter top perhaps?

Oneday all the news anchors are going to be replaced with animated talking heads tailored to their particular markets.

Imagine the exact same news at 11pm in Indiana, same script from one of the big networks, being spoken by an athletic type caucasion male and at the very same instant, the exact same words coming from an attractive black female in Detroit. Maybe I'll get to choose my own anchor from a list, like a video game. Imagine the fun hackers will have with t
at. That's on the way.

In the future, we will all be target marketed from birth to death.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:27 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I think you guys might be missing the big picture here... I've seen our own Charles Pappert in pics with his steadi cam, and I've seen the bikini models with steadi cam rigs- they win ;)

Sorry Charles :)
What a cruel thing for Charles. Hey, how about Charles in a bikini. Ok, forget that but I personally like the look of a real Steadicam operator over the "catch you attention" type.

Tery

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #18
Trustee

Hi Terry,

I visited your website. I noticed that you put a bag as the first item. May I ask what is the point of the bag? A container for extra minidv stuff? Or put some weight to get counter balance?

Just curious

Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Thompson
What a cruel thing for Charles. Hey, how about Charles in a bikini. Ok, forget that but I personally like the look of a real Steadicam operator over the "catch you attention" type.

Tery
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #19
Major Player

Leigh,

You are the first to see the beginnings of our new website. I hadn't even seen it until you asked your question because we just changed our DNS today and didn't know our web designer had started the "Under Construction" yet.

The back pack is one or our patent pending designs which does two things. First, it carries the whole indicam dual articulated arm system and sled (sometimes the camera as well), and second it acts as the vest system where the front plate etc. attaches.

We thought it would be nice if you could pack everything where you needed it easily and then assemble the stabilizer without any extra parts to leave around. It has worked out very well. I went into NAB wearing only the backpack and within 5 minutes I had a full stabilization system which I wore for 5.5 hours. I was flying a DVX-100A.

I'll be interested to see how the whole website things goes.

By-the-way, I have noticed your skills have improved a great deal from the first clips I saw. Keep it up!

Tery

www.indicam.com
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #20
Trustee

Hi Terry,

Congratulations

Now you can freely upload your demo video for us to watch, right? Full resolution video as one option for download please ;-)

Regards
Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Thompson
Leigh,

You are the first to see the beginnings of our new website. I hadn't even seen it until you asked your question because we just changed our DNS today and didn't know our web designer had started the "Under Construction" yet.

The back pack is one or our patent pending designs which does two things. First, it carries the whole indicam dual articulated arm system and sled (sometimes the camera as well), and second it acts as the vest system where the front plate etc. attaches.

We thought it would be nice if you could pack everything where you needed it easily and then assemble the stabilizer without any extra parts to leave around. It has worked out very well. I went into NAB wearing only the backpack and within 5 minutes I had a full stabilization system which I wore for 5.5 hours. I was flying a DVX-100A.

I'll be interested to see how the whole website things goes.

By-the-way, I have noticed your skills have improved a great deal from the first clips I saw. Keep it up!

Tery
Leigh Wanstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #21
Major Player

We build stabization systems and have someone else do the website. I'm not exactly sure what we will have until I talk with the designer.

Tery

www.indicam.com
Old July 19th, 2005, 06:15 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I think you guys might be missing the big picture here... I've seen our own Charles Pappert in pics with his steadi cam, and I've seen the bikini models with steadi cam rigs- they win ;)

Sorry Charles :)
Okay, here's the solution. The only fair thing to do would be to put Charles in a bikini with his Steadicam rig. Just a minute... Excuse me while I go poke out my mind's eye.

Jay
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 07:52 AM   #23
Capt. Quirk

You just had to go THERE, didn't you Jay? hehehe

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Additional Camera Support Topics