Very Bizarre Crashes in PP 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Very Bizarre Crashes in PP 2.0

Hey. I am working on some big HDV files (canon 24f)... this is nothing new, I do it all the time.

I am exporting some small clips as Cineform HD files... and then.. I can export one, but when I go to export the next one (and the file folder open up to allow me to pick where to export the file) Premiere just inexpicably shuts off.

It doesn't say why or what has failed or "Sorry for the inconvenience".. just WHAM! gone.

Ideas?

(running Core 2 duo e6600 @ 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 2X nvidia 7600 GT's, Asus P5N SLI deluxe motherboard, a few 500gb hard drives.... all good stuff)
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Major Player

I had similar issues with Premiere Pro 2.0 and Canon and Cineform a while back. Now working with CS3 to see if its improved. I also had two failing harddisks just after I stopped using Premiere Pro 2.0 so that might caused the crappy performance of Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 for me. I really hope everything will be fine now as I really like where Adobe is going with their software.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #3
Major Player

Let me know if it's better. Premiere used to work great for me, but I have noticed that recently 2.0 has just been buggering up almost daily!

Odd.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Major Player

You made any changes to the hardware in your computer? Or did you install a new software application? Those things could cause your crashes.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Major Player

I know.

No, no new hardware in recent months (was wokring fine when I did)... and only the most basic of software upgrades... again, nothing big (just some new games or mouse drivers).

The problem only seems to occur when exporting or importing cineform files into a non-cineform project.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite