What preset for 24p pulled down with cineform? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 9th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

What preset for 24p pulled down with cineform?

I have the HV20 and downloaded some tapes using neo. When I went to start a project in pp2 I wasn't sure what preset to use. 1080P seemed like the best option for 24? Is that what I should use?
Matt Buys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If your using Cineform with Premier Pro and want to extract the 24P from an
HV20 there are two ways to accomplish this task....

The first way is to use the Cineform stand alone application called HDLink, that is included with the Cineform product. In the setup for the capture using HDLink you will need to select the 24P extraction option for the HV20.

When you start Premier you will need to choose the Cineform preset of 24p so you will be editing the extracted 24p footage. The cineform intermediate file format will be " AVI " not the " M2t " native HV20 file format.

The second way is to use the capture function built into Premier Pro and again you will need to select the 24P extraction option for the HV20. Again open Premier Pro with the Cineform preset of 24p....

Last edited by Ray Bell; August 9th, 2007 at 07:47 PM.
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM   #3
Major Player

Ray, thanks for replying. You are even faster than cineform's much vaunted customer service.
I did it the first way. Used HDlink. But I don't see a cineform preset on the premiere menu. How do I get to cineform 24p from the preset menu?
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #4

Be careful. There's currently an acknowledged bug in HDlink that doesn't correctly detect native 24p. It will see it as 60p. You can do a workaround by asking HDLink to convert from 60p to 20p, however, the audio is not converted by this method.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 06:06 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
Be careful. There's currently an acknowledged bug in HDlink that doesn't correctly detect native 24p. It will see it as 60p. You can do a workaround by asking HDLink to convert from 60p to 20p, however, the audio is not converted by this method.
Whoa,, hold on here.... I hadn't seen or heard anything about that.... Can you point me to a thread.

I've been using NeoHDV and its HDLink to capture and pull down HV20's 24p, and not noticing any issues...
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #6

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=100613
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Matt, If you don't see the cineform preset when you first fire up PP then
most likely you should uninstall cineform and re-install.........

your cineform registration should remain in force when you do this procedure....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #8
Major Player

I just got an email from Cineform that says Neo does not provide presets for PP2. Only Aspect does. Is there a workaround with Neo?
Old August 10th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Matt, I didn't realize that you were asking about Neo the player....

I haven't used it as I don't need it when I use Prospect....

You might go to the Cineform site and read up on what Neo was designed to do...

but I think its a player only... so you won't be able to use it in an editor....

and like the email you got from Cineform indicates, there wont be any presets to choose from when you open your editor...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite