JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM   #151
Major Player

yep, 24p hdv in cs3 looks like a no go for now. I'm editing HDV on my laptop, its a core2duo with 2 gigs of ram and windows vista home premium, and it works like a champ. Vegas works flawlessly for 24p hdv.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #152
Regular Crew

Yeah a few more hours with it tonight and I must say it is very good. I am amazed that I am able to edit so quickly and easily. I was really concerned I would have to buy Cineform as I really can't afford it right now.

What are you using for output settings by the way? I like to encode to DVD from another (non Adobe) application and I have been playing with different ways to output the final edited content. Huffy (as suggested to me in another forum) is pretty decent but I am always interested in what other peoples work flows are.

Julian
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #153
Regular Crew

Went back to 30fps and all is well again (sync issues gone) although now I am getting com errors when I try to view the output huffyuv file. I did some searching and found information regarding Nero (I use lite so no problem there) and to be honest I am stumped.

I am playing around with all the export options in CS3 now and will settle on something soon. I am going to have to save up and get cineform.. I was all set to do it (more major damage to the credit card) when I got a nasty bill for $700 for brakes for the car..

Onwards and upwards we go :)
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #154
Major Player

Yes, save up for CineForm, works great, good workflow!
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #155
Regular Crew

To be honest, aside from output (and the main concept mpeg encoder isn't too bad to be honest) my machine flies while editing native HDV so I might just pass on it completely. Quad core makes it absolutely fly!
Julian Maytum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite