DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/101252-jvc-pro-hd-adobe-premiere-pro.html)

Glenn Gipson April 20th, 2005 08:15 AM

JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro

Premiere will support JVC Pro HD.

Joe Carney April 20th, 2005 08:40 AM

Vegas 6 does too.
HDV 24P support is built in to the included Cineform codec.

Greg Gelber August 3rd, 2005 02:10 PM

Gy-HD100 & Premiere Pro HD

I downloaded the free HDV upgrade for Premiere Pro last night and although there is now an HDV option in the pulldown menu (way cool), the website doesn't have the GY-HD100 listed as a supported camera. No worries though, for years my old digital 8 was never in the listed for camera control so I just used the closest model to get control. Below is the link to download the update.

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/hdv.html

Philip Hill August 8th, 2005 06:24 AM

i found that the update provides for

1080 - 50i and 60i

720 - 30p only

where's the 25p option? (also no support for JVC's 24P HDV)

Thomas Smet August 8th, 2005 08:00 AM

It looks like nobody supports 25p or 24p HDV yet. I really hope this is fixed soon.

Steve Mullen August 8th, 2005 11:47 AM

CineForm will support 25p and 24p in AspectHD. So the question is in the HDV I/O) routines done by Abobe.

Ian E. Pearson August 8th, 2005 08:12 PM

Vegas 6

Vegas 6 claims to support all those formats, including 720/24p. I can't back that up though because I haven't tried it.

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 8th, 2005 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian E. Pearson
Vegas 6 claims to support all those formats, including 720/24p. I can't back that up though because I haven't tried it.

Vegas does support all of the above formats, amongst many others

Scott Webster August 9th, 2005 12:03 AM

Unofficial word on the Apple front is roughly a couple of weeks before we see any updates to Final Cut Pro for the JVC. From the sounds of things this will be similar for most other developers.

-Matthew.

David Newman August 9th, 2005 08:47 AM

Aspect HD has supported capture and editing the new JVC modes for sometime; several of the JVC sales staff have been using Aspect HD to demonstrate real-time editing of their new camera. The data has been available from JVC for some time so most NLE providers should catch up soon :)

Glenn Johnson August 9th, 2005 10:38 AM

How do you get on if you want real time play back on to a HD TV/monitor. Will this be displayed via the graphics card or do you need extra hardware e.g an all singing editing card...

Thanks

David Newman August 9th, 2005 11:25 AM

Aspect HD can do it via a dual head graphics card. Prospect HD does it via AJA Xena HDSDI card.

Glenn Johnson August 9th, 2005 11:38 AM

So basically I could have Adobe Premiere 1.5 with Aspect HD plug in, a graphics card like Matrox Parhelia and thats all I need to edit HDV 720p. (plus a high spec PC of course) I have been editing DV for a number of years and use a Pinnacle DV500 card. An editing card like this is not necessary then for HDV? The graphics card and processor do all the work? Excuse my naivety, but the whole NLE for HDV is a little confusing for me at present and I work with computers! Im thinking of building my own system, but the whole editing card issue is what I am concerned over. I apreciate your help on this David. Thanks

David Newman August 9th, 2005 11:46 AM

Most NLE tools have switched to software approaches to editing rather than hardware acceleration. Aspect HD uses the CPU for all RT decoding and all effects, transitions and color correction, the GPU is only used to output scaling. As a result good CPU helsp (dual core -- more so) and graphics card need not be the most expensive (the Parhelia APVe is a good choice.)

Glenn Johnson August 9th, 2005 02:27 PM

David I really appreciate your help on this. So just to confirm - with the matrox card I can play an HDV capture to an external HDTV/monitor from the adobe premiere timeline. Just like I used to be able to with standard DV.