frozen at 5 minutes? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1
Regular Crew

frozen at 5 minutes?

as usual i have a premiere problem...i am seriously considering other nle options for my next project.

recently, for no discernable reason, premiere wont work with clips longer than roughly 5 minutes on the time line. let me explain.

i capture a clip that is a 7 minute take. the clip seems fine, all is right with the world.
i drag said clip onto the time line and prepare to edit.
i scrub to about the 5 minute mark and notice that around that point until the end of the clip is a frozen frame accompanied by the noise neo hears when he gets jacked in for the first time.

what is this?

i haven’t added any plug ins, i haven’t changed any settings or downloaded any updates.
also, this particular test i captured on my c drive, just to eliminate the external hd i usually use as being the problem.

i am running prem pro 1
i have a good processor and enough ram.

also, the clip plays fine when i try to open it in media player.
is it a scratch disk problem or something?
i am out of ideas.

thanks all for you help!
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:45 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Jason,
PPro version 1? It's been a while but I seem to recall similar symptoms when I tried to use Type 1 AVI files. Check your clips to make sure they are Type 2 AVIs. Good luck. -Dan
Dan Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dan,
Thanks for the input i will check that out...one question though...how do i check if the files are avi1 or 2?
if i right click the filename its only showing avi.
and if its the wrong file type how to i change it?
sorry to sound like such an idiot but i have never had this problem before and so this solution is all new to me.
thanks for your patience.
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Inner Circle

GSpot

A small free utility called GSpot will let you know what type AVI file you have. Just Google around and you'll find it.

Google around on the internet that is... not to be confused with... the "other" G Spot!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite