Green Screen in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Green Screen in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

I'm having a slight issue in Premiere Pro 2.0 with green screen. I've shot my footage with a perfectly lit green screen however when i import into premiere and put the green screen key on the footage, I don't get a clean key. The background is taken out but the footage that was filmed looks a little transparent itself. The background that was imported looks a little hazy(not as clear as it should). Is there a proper way to key in PP 2.0? I've done keying before in 1.0 and 1.5 without a problem. Please help!!!
Antwuan Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 02:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

There are settings for that effect ("Threshold" & "Cutoff") that control how the mask is applied.
Have you adjusted them? By default they are as far apart as they can be, T at 100 and C at 0. You want to move them to be as close together as possible, while maintaining a good mask. First lower the T until the green-screen is all blacked out (it helps to check the 'mask only' box, then only the transparency values are displayed), then raise the C until the greys on your foreground object go white. Mix & serve chilled...
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #3
Tourist

Green screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwuan Gabriel View Post
I'm having a slight issue in Premiere Pro 2.0 with green screen. I've shot my footage with a perfectly lit green screen however when i import into premiere and put the green screen key on the footage, I don't get a clean key. The background is taken out but the footage that was filmed looks a little transparent itself. The background that was imported looks a little hazy(not as clear as it should). Is there a proper way to key in PP 2.0? I've done keying before in 1.0 and 1.5 without a problem. Please help!!!
hey i think you can see morea about why this happend here...

http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/seg...il.asp?sid=194
Ricky Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi there

I've used both Premiere 2.0 and After Effects Keylight plug in to get Green screen and its day and night, especially using higher res acquisition...

Premiere gives you a really basic Green screen facility... it can work ok but I find you usually always get a hallo effect, even in HDV..

Keylight is just brilliant... you have loads of fine tuning.. and it gives fabulous Keys..

I find my best keys are to shoot in HDV... import HDV and edit my clips in Premiere 2.0.. then save out as uncompressed HD avi. This I import into After Effects before applying the Keylight filter... This gives very nice results... I then use AE to downsize to SD and out put as an SD avi file... this can be cut with my regular Dv footage..

Cheers

Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite