PPro 2.0 export to tape HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 15th, 2007, 01:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PPro 2.0 export to tape HDV

I have recently been having the problem of exporting HDV back to tape. Usually everything goes well but now its getting a bit messy. I think i have found one of the problems being that the tape has previous time code on it...is there a way to record back to tape with it having pre-existing timecode? also, is there a way to save the transcoded hdv file so i don't have to re-transcode each time i want to export it to tape? thanks.
Zach Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I never go back out to tape, so I can't help much, but M2T is a very lossy format and won't really benefit from multiple transcodes, so you're better off avoiding going back to tape if possible - better off archiving to a hard disk or DVD-ROM (also you're risking drop-outs by going back out to tape)..

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite