DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premier Pro CS3 ruler snapping - driving me crazy (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/103766-premier-pro-cs3-ruler-snapping-driving-me-crazy.html)

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:23 PM

Premier Pro CS3 ruler snapping - driving me crazy

This I would imagine is a stupid question but it's driving me nuts. When ever I move anything in the time line or try and make a marker, it snaps to the nearest time marker (seconds). I am trying to line up an audio clip with a video (lipsync) but can't figure out how to either change the time units to a smaller measure that 1 second or turn off snapping. I know this has to be something stupid I have overlooked and I don't recall ever having this issue before, perhaps I changed a setting unawares - any help would be appreciated!

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:28 PM

It's OK, just by posting this I found the answer, needed to increase the work area bar to change measures - duh :)

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:33 PM

OK now I know I am going nuts, seems this doesn't really fix the snapping issue -

Denis Danatzko September 17th, 2007 07:45 PM

In PPro 2/CS 2...it's an option

found under the "Sequence" menu item. Click "Sequence", then make sure that "Snap" does not have a checkmark next to it. If it does, just click it to disable. In CS 2, you can then move to what I think is the frame level.

I don't know if it's changed in CS3.

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:51 PM

Thanks for the reply Denis, I took off the snap under sequence but it still snaps to the nearest 1/10th of a second in the timeline, perhaps I can change the timeline measures. I need to move the audio by less that 1/10th of a second if possible - I recently upgraded to CS3 and never had this issue before in Pro v1 - will keep poking around -

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:54 PM

Actually I mean 1 second, it's snapping to 1 second intervals -

Denis Danatzko September 17th, 2007 07:55 PM

Rich, One other thought...

try expanding the zoom slider all the way to the max.

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 07:57 PM

I tried expanding the zoom to max and also playing with the work area bar, it's funny I don't ever remember having this issue before, perhaps because the snapping function is messed up somehow, I just started a new project to see and it's still snapping to 1 sec intervals.

Denis Danatzko September 17th, 2007 07:57 PM

specifically the zoom slider in the the timeline panel.

That may help. I believe it may stretche the timeline to the smallest increment possible, then just drag the clip to where you want it, or highlight it and use the arrow keys to move it in single increments. (Unless Adobe's changed it from CS2).

Denis Danatzko September 17th, 2007 07:59 PM

Rich, sorry...we're stepping on each other as we post.

If you find a solution, please post it here.

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 08:01 PM

Will do, thanks for the help, perhaps its an issue with my setup or the work area. The fact that it keeps snapping to the nearest 1 sec makes me think something else is going on.

Denis Danatzko September 17th, 2007 08:05 PM

According to CS2 "help"

you should also be able to snap to a marker. Can you place a marker where you need it and snap to that?

Snapping to 1 sec seems odd; I'd fully expect to be able to snap to the frame level.

Check "Help snap"; maybe CS3 Has changed.

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 08:12 PM

For some reason I can only place a marker at 1 second intervals, not anywhere in between. The odd thing is the actual "current time indicator" has a small blue bar underneath it that protrudes to the right and takes up second in lengh. I looked at images of the timeline in adobe help and it's not there, I am sure it's related to this and am trying to figure out how to disable it. -

Rich Perry September 17th, 2007 08:50 PM

OK I am giving up on this for tonight, if anyone has any ideas on how to disable the playback head snapping to the time increments on the ruler would be appreciated :)

Yossi Margolin September 17th, 2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Perry (Post 745869)
For some reason I can only place a marker at 1 second intervals, not anywhere in between. The odd thing is the actual "current time indicator" has a small blue bar underneath it that protrudes to the right and takes up second in lengh. I looked at images of the timeline in adobe help and it's not there, I am sure it's related to this and am trying to figure out how to disable it. -

Sounds like you are zoomed all the way in to your sequence. That blue bar on the CTI covers one frame of video, not one second. Also, when you are zoomed in that close, the CTI and any video clips will snap to those frame markers on the "ruler" - you can't place a clip on a half a frame.