Help With Premiere Pro CS3 + Monitors + HDTV + XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 19th, 2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help With Premiere Pro CS3 + Monitors + HDTV + XH-A1

Hello Everybody,
I've been googling for an answer, but can't seem to find any. Here's my situation. I recently built a new pc -- and it has been wonderful. I currently have the Adobe CS3 Master Collection. I have two 20 inch wide-screen monitors coming out of my Geforce 8800GTS through DVI -- I would also like to hook up an HDTV so I can monitor the colors/contrast and other things like that before I export out of Premiere Pro CS3.

Here are my system specs:
Intel Q6600
eVga 680i Motherboard
4gigs DDR2-800
750Watt Toughpower PSU
1 X 160gig 10K Raptor
2 X 500gig 7200 Seagate
Geforce 8800 GTS 640mb GFX Card
2 Viewsonic VX2025 Monitors

I would like to be able to preview my output files on the HDTV before exporting them in Premiere. I want to be able to view them on an HDTV to make sure they look like I want them to. What do I need to purchase to make this happen? I don't want to disconnect my two monitors because I usually have photoshop and after effects working at the same time. I currently shoot HDV with a Canon XH-A1. I read something about hooking up your camera to your tv and previewing that way -- I would really like to avoid this. I'm looking for a permanent solution.

If you could help, it would be much appreciated!! :)
Thanks!
-Jordan
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Regular Crew

2 Solutions

One
Buy a AJA HS card that is supported by Adobe. (do you use Cineform?) Cineform also supports the card. I believe that is true. This would give you every type of conection you could possible need to monitor your timeline and more.

Two
A different Video card like the Matrox Parhelia APVe

I do not know anything about your other card but generaly if you want it all you have to do one or the other or I guess you could get a second video card to output your HDTV signal out to a monitor.
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you for replying! Okay -- so if I want to keep my current card (8800GTS) I can simply purchase one of these cards in addition to what I have and use that to monitor an HDTV?

Also, How would I configure this in Premiere CS3?
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Good Question

I have never configured a two Video card machine. So I am not that informed on how to do it exactly. I have only heard of people giving that same suggestion to a build I was going to do. Who is your market for the final product? Could you benifit from having the AJA card? You could do HDSDI work you could basically use any camera that came into your shop
Matthew Pugerude is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite