mixing the progressive with interlaced at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Major Player

mixing the progressive with interlaced

I wanted to ask if it is at all possible to mix the HD footage from my Sony Z1 with the HD progressive footage from the JVC 111 on the same timeline in premiere CS3?

As far as I can figure out both are shot in their own format but are then upscaled to the correct HD ratio on the timeline. I will be using them in PAL format but I think HD in PAL is the same as NTSC, I know so many questions bu I'm really confused.
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 03:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Premiere will handle it, but for best quality result I would take a tool like Cineform to deinterlease the Z1 footage first, and then load it into premiere as identical files.
Marc Colemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Wrangler

Since you are in PAL you should just work in a 50i timeline and then the 25P material will look completely normal.
Of course the 50i material will still look like 50i and I'm not sure that's what you want.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Major Player

I suppose this is for another forum but what looks the best for a wedding, interlaced or progressive, especially for the dancing as it is quite fast moving and I wonder would the progressive look choppy during this?
Paul Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite