dissolves and crossfades at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

dissolves and crossfades

Just wondering about applying many at once? (if I want the same 10 frame crossfade/dissolve applied to an entire project for example)

Is this possible? Must these transitions be done 1 at a time?

Thanks

Jay
Jay Legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I don't believe there is a way to add the transitions all at once, but using the keyboard short cuts you should be able to blaze through it.

Set your default transition by right hand mouse clicking on the one you want to use in your Effects Panel, then choose: Set selected as default transition.

Go to Edit/Preferences/General, and set the duration that you want the default transition to be.

Make sure the track you want to set transitions on has been set as the target track (the grey area at the head of the track must be selected).

Use Page Up/Page Down keys to jump to your edit points.

Hit Ctrl D to set the default transition at your edit points.

You should be able to whip through it pretty fast.
Bert Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:34 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Excellent response Bert!

That answers everything.

Thanks

Jay
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Always glad to help a fellow Canuck! So what do you do way up there, videography? We used to live in Calgary until my wife got a job in Portland.
Bert Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Calgary would feel like the bahamas right about now. -13 this morning on the way to work here in Iqaluit:)

I work as a videographer for the CBC. CBC North to be exact. I have decided to have a little side business as well and have gone with PPCS3 for a NLE. Just started using it a few weeks ago so I now know who to contact if I need some tips.

We use Avid Newscutter at work and it is able to apply dissolves (audio/video) across the entire project. Nice for speed but I will survive with your idea. PPCS3 is a shrarp program and I couldn't be happier.

What about your situation?

No more Canada these days?
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm in what is now soggy Portland. My wife and I windsurf. We came to the Columbia Gorge 3 years ago, and decided to make the move. I don't work as much as I would like, but we sure do a lot of windsurfing! I only have Premiere Pro 2, but will upgrade eventually.
Bert Smyth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite