DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Very Urgent! PP2 DVD Chapter HELP! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/105934-very-urgent-pp2-dvd-chapter-help.html)

Kevin Amundson October 18th, 2007 07:22 AM

Very Urgent! PP2 DVD Chapter HELP!

I am trying to burn a 1 1/2 hour video of a play to DVD. The burning process works fine, but when I play my DVD in my computer or in my DVD player the Chapters don't work.

I have inserted Scene Markers, and when I preview it inside PP2's Preview it works fine. But you can't skip to the next chapter when I watch the DVD in my computer or DVD player.

What am I doing wrong?

NOTE: This DVD doesn't include a menu. It is an auto play DVD.

Carl Middleton October 18th, 2007 09:36 AM

Are you adding regular markers or DVD markers?

C

Dale Stoltzfus October 18th, 2007 10:19 AM

If you aren't doing this, I think you should be adding DVD markers: Marker > Set DVD Marker > Scene.

Kevin Amundson October 18th, 2007 05:15 PM

I am adding DVD Markers using the "Set DVD Marker" button in the timeline panel under the Time code.

Kevin Janisch October 19th, 2007 04:15 PM

If I recollect correctly, PrPro 2 chapter markers only work if you add a menu to DVD output from PrPro 2, otherwise they won't be there, ridiculous I know, I came into this problem a while back and what a hassle for something so basic.

Kevin Amundson October 19th, 2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Janisch (Post 761588)
If I recollect correctly, PrPro 2 chapter markers only work if you add a menu to DVD output from PrPro 2, otherwise they won't be there, ridiculous I know, I came into this problem a while back and what a hassle for something so basic.

Does Encore allow me to create a DVD without a menu?

Marco Wagner October 19th, 2007 05:58 PM

I am able to get it to work. Are you burning the DVD within PPRO? Project settings, make sure markers are enabled.

Carl Middleton October 19th, 2007 06:32 PM

My last project I had trouble with Encore and Premiere 2.0 as far as the DVD version. I dropped the final m2t of the project into Nero's software, and it made me a very pretty SD downconvert, with the ability to add scene markers. That was my last resort the other day, it might be worth a shot if you need it urgently?

Carl

K.C. Luke October 19th, 2007 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Amundson (Post 761592)
Does Encore allow me to create a DVD without a menu?

YES you can. Drag the video asset or timeline to the icon Disc. The 1 that start 1st. Made sure you set the end action and the title button back to chapter 1.

Kevin Amundson October 21st, 2007 06:42 AM

Thanks for evryones reply. My urgency has expired as I am now at the San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival until the 28th and I won't be able to work on my prodject until I get home.