Premiere 1.0 project to CS3 & back again at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 29th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere 1.0 project to CS3 & back again

Does anyone know how I can get a project that started in 1.0, then transfered to CS3 (no problem), now it won't import back to 1.0. It says it does not reconize it and must close.

Whatever CS3 did to it, is not liked anymore by 1.0. Interestingly no editing took place while in CS3 since the timeline playback was much too jittery to accomplish anything. Therefore I would like to bring it back to 1.0 for completion, and worry about the stuttering later.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Sorry, no go. No backwards compatibility. The only way I can think of is to export EDL or AAF, but you might loose some of your effects in the process.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Just to reiterate, absolutely no changes were made while it was in CS3. I only viewed various portions of the timeline enough to realize it was too choppy to accomplish anything. I would love bring it back to the silky smooth 1.0.

Bob
Bob Schneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

once you opened the project in cs3 it re-wrote the file structure of the project to conform to the specifications of cs3 regardless of whether any editing actually occurred or not.
Rob Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I seem to recall some versions of preimiere have a history of saves that you can access and recall. I would start tracking down that possibility.
Old October 29th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #6
Major Player

If you at any point saved in CS3, it will not open in Pro 1.0. Do use auto-save. The auto saved versions from 1.0 should still work.
Old October 30th, 2007, 12:11 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Mike,

I did search the auto-save folders and the most most recent versions did not work, however the older versions did. The obvious problem there is that I need the recent versions to work. Or even better, figure out why CS3 is so jittery so I can just proceed with that. It seems to be a well documented issue, although I have not heard of a convincing remedy yet.

Bob
Bob Schneider is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite