DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Render crashing using InstantHD with Premiere CS3 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/108059-render-crashing-using-instanthd-premiere-cs3.html)

David W. Lewis November 15th, 2007 03:48 PM

Render crashing using InstantHD with Premiere CS3

I am trying to export a .m2v for Blu-ray using the export movie dialog, and Premiere keeps freezing. This was a two camera shoot, an XH-A1 and an XL-1s. I set all footage from the XL-1 to 'always deinterlace' under video options, and then applied the '1440 x 1080 (1620 x 1080) NTSC DV/Widescreen' setting in Instant HD with the following values:

Filter Type: Best
Sharpness: 3
Quality: 10
Anti-Aliasing: 4

Are these settings too aggressive? I am running this on an AthlonX2 5600+ with 4 Gb of 800Mhz Corsair and a 1950XT Pro, should I try rendering on a more powerful machine?

Ray Bell November 15th, 2007 04:50 PM

Instant HD is at this time on version 1.1

That version makes Instant HD compatable with Adobe After Effects CS3....

Red Giant has not released a version of Instand HD that is compatable with
Premier Pro CS3 as of yet....

But, they are working on it......

Thats one reason that I have Premiere Pro 1.5 and Premier Pro CS3 loaded to my computer.... If I need to use Instant HD I ingest the footage into the older Premier Pro 1.5 ........

David W. Lewis November 15th, 2007 05:13 PM

Recommended Workflow?

So, in this case, I have one main SD source clip for the two camera sequence.

I import that source avi into AfterEffects, resize with InstantHD, export it at the correct resolution, and then replace the original asset in the Premiere timeline? Will I have to recreate all my edit points?

Ray Bell November 15th, 2007 09:06 PM

You could use Instant HD in Aftereffects, render out and change the file name to a different name...
then you could bring that back into Premiere... at least thats one way...

not sure about the edits but if I understand the question, I think this should work for you

you want to bring the SD footage into Premier, edit the footage, export the footage as SD AVI and then bring the footage into Aftereffects, apply Instant HD and then render out the HD AVI.. to disk, then import the footage back into premier for further editing...
I think that would work...

At one time there was a description of the update they are making for the Instant HD for Premier Pro CS3, the new version includes their de-interlacer tool and if I remeber correctly, it wasn't going to be a cheap upgrade...
but I can't find that write up on their site now...

I'll call them in the morning as I'm interested in the suite... our Instant HD qualifies us for a special upgrade price to the suite thats pretty good... may have to jump on that deal...

Hernan Vilchez December 12th, 2007 04:42 PM

What would be the difference between upres SD clips to edit with HDV, and downres HDV to edit with the SD clips, if the final result would be SD DVD?

Mike McCarthy December 12th, 2007 10:03 PM

The simplest way to do this is to re-export the entire DV capture out of AE at HD rez. Offline the DV version in PPro, and link it to the new HD version of the file. All of the edits will still be correct.