DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   premiere pro cs3 and vista SP1 no crashes yet (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109150-premiere-pro-cs3-vista-sp1-no-crashes-yet.html)

Dave Morgan November 29th, 2007 07:12 PM

premiere pro cs3 and vista SP1 no crashes yet

i got so tired of vista. switched back and forth several times to XP. each time hoping vista would work.

this time i installed the service pack 1 beta and premiere pro 3 has not crashed yet! im almost impressed. its been about 8 hours of use so far.

any one else tried it?

Josh Chesarek November 29th, 2007 07:51 PM

Vista SP1 is out? I assume its a beta? Either way I have been using Vista Ultimate 32Bit since its official release with CS3 and had no issues once I turned the performance to Memory for Premiere. Today I just reformated and installed Vista Ultimate 64 bit and things seem to be going well.

Cameron Naghibi April 10th, 2008 01:46 PM

i have no crashes but after i installed it i started up the next morning and it kept restarting and sayed my client was right protected and had to reformat my pc, again :(

Tripp Woelfel April 10th, 2008 02:51 PM

I'm pretty sure that SP1 is GA but I'm still staying away from it. My version of Home Premium has been working pretty well since last fall and I have no desire to become a Microsoft crash test dummy.

If it ain't broke...

Cameron Naghibi April 10th, 2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 857846)
I'm pretty sure that SP1 is GA but I'm still staying away from it. My version of Home Premium has been working pretty well since last fall and I have no desire to become a Microsoft crash test dummy.

If it ain't broke...

im uninstalling it now

Jiri Fiala April 11th, 2008 02:30 AM

PPro CS3 and AE CS3 have never crashed on me and I'm using it since day one. I've completed a fairly complex 45min project involving motion graphics and CC on old Athlon 64 with 1,5GB RAM on Vista (SD only, though), all was well. PPro2 was in fact less stable on XP (for me anyway) than CS3 on Vista.

Noa Put April 11th, 2008 03:49 AM

I have had nothing but problems with premiere cs3/vista home premium. After a fresh install of vista and premiere I had sound in Vista but not in premiere. I had a pc with a integrated sigmatel hd audio chip.
recommendation on the net said to look for updated drivers which I installed and then I had sound in Premiere but not in Vista!
Eventually I purchased a cheap soundblaster card and the problem was solved.

The second problem was I couldn't open the exported avis from premiere, not in mediaplayer or power dvd. luckily vista's helpfunction is much better then xp and it said I had a problem with the audio drivers, because I disabled the integrated audio driver as I had a separate soundcard that was not a good thing to do apperantly, as soon as I enabled the integrated audio again I was able to play my avis.

Furthermore I had constant crashes, usually if I dragged a clip on the timeline or when I made a clip shorter/longer.
To open adobe's bridge took about 15 seconds (i have a quadcore with 4 gigs memory)

Also there was constant harddisk activity while taskmanager showed nothing special, I have a raptor disk which ofcourse makes noticably more noise and after while it got irritating.

Strange thing also was that the preview monitor in premiere had no sharp image, it showed also a lot of interlacing and looked like it showed the image in draft mode, a bit blurry, I have a nvidia 8800 512m GT card with the latest drivers installed. In windows XP however the monitor window was very clear and sharp.

My videosystem has only editing programs on it and is not connected to the internet, so no virus software and such, since all was a clean install and premiere (with the latest patches) crashed constantly I had no other option then to go back to XP...

Damon Gaskin April 11th, 2008 05:36 AM

I have been rlunning vista home premium for the last couple weeks with SP1 with no problems. I am running it on a laptop; but my desktop still runs XP.

Taky Cheung April 11th, 2008 10:37 AM

I had major trouble working with huge project (20 hrs of HDV footage) in Premier Pro CS3 in XP Pro. After switching to Vista 32-bit, everything works great ever since.

Noa Put April 11th, 2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 858357)
I had major trouble working with huge project (20 hrs of HDV footage) in Premier Pro CS3 in XP Pro. After switching to Vista 32-bit, everything works great ever since.

I had quite some problems with premiere cs3 under xp prof. with their patches 3.1 and 3.1.1 with constant crashes, especially when I was working with titles. Then I went back to patch 3.0.1. and haven't had a problem since.

Woody Sanford April 19th, 2008 12:59 AM

I just got a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, a HP DV9700t with Vista Home Premium (32 bit) for editing on the go. With the CS3 production suite on it it works like a charm with no crashes or anything. I' quite impressed as I had read many horror stories about CS3 and Vista.

I'm pretty dangerous with computers but haven't crashed this yet.