DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere CS3 Encoder Problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109418-adobe-premiere-cs3-encoder-problem.html)

Bob Campbell December 3rd, 2007 10:58 AM

Adobe Premiere CS3 Encoder Problem

When I click on the encoder tab to make my avi into a flash video it shuts down premiere. It would appear that Oncore & onlocation works fine. I am wondering if i should just go back to Pro2. The upgrade was free, hopefully this is not a case of you get what you pay for. Thanks for looking and look forward to any input about CS3.
Bob

Trond Saetre December 3rd, 2007 11:52 AM

You will probably get more feedback if a moderator moves this thread to the Premiere subforum.

Pete Bauer December 3rd, 2007 04:42 PM

Done. Moved from XL2 Watchdog forum to the Premiere forum.

Hernan Vilchez December 3rd, 2007 05:26 PM

I cant make flash videos from avis in CS3. Im using Cineform Prospect.
I make them in Quicktime... a bit shame for Premiere.

Graham Hickling December 4th, 2007 11:51 PM

My guess is that the adobe media encoder is crashing because it is trying to initialize libguide.lib when libguide40.lib is already initialized .... quite a few people have had this same problem.

If so, the fix is to add a new environment variable called KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set its value as TRUE ... flash export worked fine for me after I did that.

To add an environmental variable in Windows XP, go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab.

Hope that helps.

Bob Campbell December 5th, 2007 11:35 AM

Thanks

Thanks for your help, Graham. I did put the environmental variable in and it did not seem to help. However, I’m not sure that is my problem. Perhaps I explained the problem wrong the first time. I’ll try again.

When I am in the Premiere CS3 edit timeline, I click on the file tab, then export file, and lastly click on adobe encoder. That’s seems to be when my problem shows up. When I click on the encoder button the entire Adobe Premiere CS3 program shuts down.

Thanks to everyone for all the help.
Bob

Hernan Vilchez December 6th, 2007 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 787475)
If so, the fix is to add a new environment variable called KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set its value as TRUE ... flash export worked fine for me after I did that.

To add an environmental variable in Windows XP, go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot Graham, that solved my problem! Now i can finally export flv files from Premiere CS3.

Graham Hickling December 6th, 2007 07:43 AM

Hernan - just out of interest, do you have both PPro2 and PProCS3 installed? I do, and wondered if that was why I ran into this "duplicate" problem...

Bob Campbell December 6th, 2007 09:11 AM

Problem solved

Well, QuickTime was the problem. It was not downloaded correctly. Installed it again and it works fine. I did put in the environmental variable. Just to be safe. Hopefully there will be no more crashing. Thanks again for all the help.
bob