DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Elements 3::Export to tape problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/109511-premiere-elements-3-export-tape-problem.html)

Anil Dasari December 4th, 2007 05:09 PM

Premiere Elements 3::Export to tape problem

I'm trying to export edited HD footage from my HV-20 back to a MiniDV tape using Premiere Elements 3. It successfully 'transcodes' (whatever that means) the footage, and when it's ready to actually export, the camera flashes 'Check HDV/DV Input' and stops. Anybody know what the problem is?

I kept the camera in 'Play' mode, then selected 'Record Pause' from the menu, and when PE3 finished transcoding, I quickly pressed the camera's play button. In about two seconds, I got the above error (Check HDV/DV Input).

My machine is a Windows-XP PC. My camera's connected to the PC using a firewire cable.

Thanks for any help.

Carl Middleton December 4th, 2007 07:19 PM

If you are exporting to tape using firewire, you really shouldn't have to do much of anything with the camera, with most setups. Plug it in, set it to HDV mode, hit render and record and take a nap. :)

What camera are you using?

C

Anil Dasari December 4th, 2007 10:22 PM

Carl,

unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be that simple. I'm doing exactly what the camera manual says - for capturing footage from computer to tape. Not working. It seems, many people have the same problem, as I found similar posts in this forum and others.

Mine is a Canon HV20.

- anil.

Adam Gold December 4th, 2007 11:00 PM

Is it possible you have a mismatch between HDV and DV somewhere? That is, are you exporting HDV back to cam but possibly the VCR mode in cam is set to DV?

I use PPro, not Elements, and I have a Sony HC3, so I'm not sure how similar any of this is, but when I go back to tape the cam can be in any VCR mode, not only in REC PAUSE. Premiere controls the cam so I don't have to touch the cam at all. And even if you did it should probably be the "record" button rather than "play."

Whenever I have a problem between the cam and the PC, it's usually a format mismatch somewhere.

I'd follow the Premiere manual rather than the camera's.

In the other posts you saw, what is their solution?

Anil Dasari December 5th, 2007 09:40 PM

Adam,

a few others using PE & HV20 combination reported the same problem in other forums. One guy reported similar problem for PPro & HV20 combo (I said 'similar' because, he was able to record upto 6 minutes before the 'Check HDV/DV Input' message flashed. In my case, I could record nothing). He resolved it by upgrading his NLE to a later version of PPro.

If I set my camera to DV mode, it records happily - but records in standard definition, which is not what I want.

Btw, in HV20, the 'play' button on the LCD screen doubles as the 'record' button when recording from a PC or another external device.

I'll check the PE manual. May be I'll find the solution there.

It just occured to me ... I'm trying to export de-interlaced footage back to tape. I'm not sure if that's the cause. I remember reading somewhere, that DV tapes store vidoe in interlaced format only. (But, I had successfully exported de-interlaed standard definition video to DV tapes in the past. I don't know why that would be a problem for HD video).