Making Magic Bullet Looks work in CS3 - Please Help!!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 05:21 AM   #16
New Boot

Magic Bullet Looks Works with CS3

I assume that that you run MB under CS3 PremierePro. When you assign the videoeffect Magic Bullet Looks to the clip int the timeline you have to press the EDIT buttom and than the message "loading Image data" appears and shows the frame where the cursors stays in the timeline. As you have an empty image data space some initial setup for PPro (registering, graphic adapter, etc.) must be the reason for not working.

Be also aware that the menu access is quite in a rare way, you must move the cursor utmost left or right on the screen to access the (really comprehensive choice of) options.

I run the latest CS3 and the latest MS Vista without problems. As usual the rendering times are quite long but the result is great !

Helmut

SW Vista Ultimate 32 bit, Adobe Production Premium, PPro CS3 3.1.1. (374), Cubase SX 4.1., Korg Triton Le, HW Intel D975XBX2, RME HDSP9632, Quad Q6600, 3 GB memory, Marvell 61xx 1 TB Raid 0 storage, GeForce 7600 GS silent, ext equipment MX200+166XL
Helmut Bernhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 08:12 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Bernhard View Post
I assume that that you run MB under CS3 PremierePro. When you assign the videoeffect Magic Bullet Looks to the clip int the timeline you have to press the EDIT buttom and than...
All of the above happens. However, what you describe below does not:

Quote:
the message "loading Image data" appears and shows the frame where the cursors stays in the timeline.
I get no image, nor any way to export my effect back into Premiere Pro CS3.

Quote:
As you have an empty image data space some initial setup for PPro (registering, graphic adapter, etc.) must be the reason for not working.
So how do I investigate this? How do I figure out if this is the case?

Quote:
Be also aware that the menu access is quite in a rare way, you must move the cursor utmost left or right on the screen to access the (really comprehensive choice of) options.
Yes, I've run the trial version and I've installed this and CS3 on my sister's computer and it works fine but not on this.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM   #18
New Boot

John,
with a previous version I had a similar problem. Their knowledgeable support could help me. The support guys will return 2nd Jan (see also their website)
hb
Helmut Bernhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Well, I decided to purchase Looks... and in an attempt to duplicate your
situation I first downloaded the trial of Looks.

It worked fine with CS3, then I purchased the Looks and they sent me the
key to unlock the Looks... I unlocked Looks, and it works just fine....

The only issue I noted was that the Looks was loaded to the common and the plugins folder for AE... but not in the plugins folder for Premier...

So Premiere would load the Looks without issue while AE would report that more than one copy of the Looks was present... to fix that I just removed the Looks folder that was in the plugins folder of AE and let AE use the common folder...

If your still having issues, I'd at least download Looks again and re-install...
you may have a corupt file....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite