DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Encore CS3 is still the weakest Adobe program (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/110553-encore-cs3-still-weakest-adobe-program.html)

Tyson Persall December 18th, 2007 08:23 PM

Encore CS3 is still the weakest Adobe program

Ive used Encore since its first version 1.0.
Ive been using the new Adobe CS3 production suite, and i am pleased with most of it. However, there is one big disappointment. Encore DVD CS3 still stinks. The program itself makes it easy to create a DVD, and there are improvements in that process. However, as it has always been with Encore, the program has so many problems. In my experince, I have had so many projects become corupt for no apartnt reason. And you always get wierd errors reports.
Now, if you are making a simple DVD with a simple menu and nothing complicated then it works fine. -But who does that!? - For any project that has multiple menus and timeliness and such it seems to always screw up.
Im tired of Encore and thats why im complaining.
My latest project is a Dual Layer 8.5g DVD and the first 2 copies worked, but since then the project has given me 2 coasters. And these are expensive disks, at 6 dollars each for a Verbatium Dual Layer printable disk.

Taky Cheung December 18th, 2007 09:45 PM

I'm with you. I tried Encore 1.0 and 2.0. They are both weak in features. They like to make things very complicated. I read over and over and still don't understand how "override" works.

I also tried DVDit. I ended out using ULead DVDWorkshop 2 and that's the best DVD authoring program I use so far. It's fast easy and logical.

However, ULead has no plan to make a version that support bluray or HD-DVD.. I am now back to Encore CS3. The workflow enhanced a lot but I still don't like it that all DVD compliant video still need transcoding according to Encore.

I never burn DVD straight from the authoring program. Just too risky. I always output them to DVD folder (video_TS). Test the output with programs like WinDVD or KMPlayer. Then burn to DVD using Nero.

Jiri Fiala December 19th, 2007 03:25 AM

Encore is a stinker right, I cannot get myself over how incredibly difficult it is even to make a basic DVD with simple menu (when you haven't installed templates).

Josh Chesarek December 19th, 2007 08:25 AM

Man, guess I am alone in liking it and not having trouble :p

Override allows you to "override" the time lines normal end action. I use this most often when I am doing a commercial video that has mutliple segments.

I put each segment on its own time line and then link them all using the end action of each time line. At the end of section one its end action calls section 2 and so on. For a "Play all" you just call the first video and each video calls the next when its done and the final links back to the menu. Then on a submenu I have a button for each timeline. The button points to the time line and I set the override to return to this menu. Now when the user clicks the botton it plays the video like normal but when it gets to the end, its default action of linking to the next video is overridden by the buttons settings and returns to the menu.

Todd Clark December 19th, 2007 08:56 AM

Your not alone Josh. I love the program. Never had a problem. Only with my hardware that a simple firmware update fixed. I think that program is one of my favorites.