DVD Burner selection-Encore and Premiere! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 19th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD Burner selection-Encore and Premiere!

Hi all,

I have one problem that I can't find the answer to. When ever I burn a DVD from Encore or Premiere Pro, Encore selects one of the two drives I have. But, the problem is that it always selects the drive that does DVD+R and not the one that does DVD-R, which are all I use anymore.

Is there a way to change the preset to the other drive? I need this because when I export to Encore from Premiere, there is not way to change it and the encoding and transcoding is lost when it won't accept the correct drive.

Thanks-----Mike
Old December 19th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Most folks will advise you to export the footage out of Premiere as an AVI file and then import that file into Encore and use the Encore encoder....
some say yes and some say no difference in quality....

anyway if you do take the approach to export from Premiere and then import into Encore the answer to your question would be to go to the " Build " tab
and under the selection " destination " "recorder" you select the drive you want to write to......
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Bell View Post
Most folks will advise you to export the footage out of Premiere as an AVI file and then import that file into Encore and use the Encore encoder....
some say yes and some say no difference in quality....

anyway if you do take the approach to export from Premiere and then import into Encore the answer to your question would be to go to the " Build " tab
and under the selection " destination " "recorder" you select the drive you want to write to......
Even if you go there in advance and change to the recorder you want, it selects the other drive when it begins to do the burn. There must be a way in the Encore set-up to select your preferred drive.

Thanks anyway.

Mike
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I ran into this as well. I think Encore just picks the first drive it sees alphabetically, which in my case was a CD burner and not a DVD burner. And when I tried to point it to the right drive it just crashed and, like you, I lost all the transcoding, which had taken, um, hours.

So I went into XP's Disk Management tool and changed the CD burner to Z Drive and all is well. As long as your desired drive is the first alphabetically of all removable media drives, I think this should work.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Adam,

Thanks, I'll give it a try! Makes perfect sense.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite