Removing effects on 250 clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 6th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #1
New Boot

Removing effects on 250 clips

Hello everyone,

Premiere pro 2
Hope you can help out with this one !

I have applied 2 video effects to the first clip in my sequence, then right clicked copied, selected all the other 250 or so clips by dragging a window round them and right click, paste attributes. So I have the effects applied to all the individual clips in the timeline from a multicam edit.

How do i remove these effects from all the clips without selecting them all individually. I have tried everything including creating a group, dragging the sequence to a new sequence etc. There must be a work around, no ?

Thanks
Chris
Chris J Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I was in the same situation. I could find no workaround. Just a painstaking process of removing each one.

The only advice I can offer in future, instead of applying effects to masses of clips, create a new sequence and drag the original SEQUENCE (not clips) into the new sequence, then apply the effects to the one new sequence. This is especially useful when adding the Broadcast Colors effect to the whole video at the end of editing.
Colin Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Exactly. No simple way to remove the effects, which is really a pain, especially when doing CC.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:41 AM   #4
New Boot

Aggggg ! who pays these programmers. They should have to live with this product themselves for a few months on real projects before signing off.

Yea the way to go before starting effects is to drag the sequence into a new one creating one clip, then razor at specific points if needed.

Thanks guys
Chris J Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:29 AM   #5
Major Player

Razor or keyframing. This at least is a strong point of Premiere. You can keyframe virtually everything.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite