HV20 not working with PP1.5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HV20 not working with PP1.5

PremiereP 1.5 is not recognizing my HV20.

I have added the 1.5.1 update.

I know that the firewire link works because I can download video in Win Movie Maker.

I get the feeling I need a patch or my camera settings are wrong.

I don't see the HV20 as a choice in the capture settings.

I have been using Canon generic for the camera of choice in capture settings.

I also notice that you can set the setting to DV or HDV when starting a new project. I tried both. No luck.

I could get some connection, but only when the camera was set on HDV instead of SD format, and Premiere capture setting was set on HDV. But the connection was awful. I recorded a little with the tape button, but was too slow and looked flawed.

What I really want to do is use the camera for SD format editing.

This is for a non-profit community center video class that was supposed to start last week. Help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Al
Alfred Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Make sure the "Device Control" settings in your capture window are set to HDV or DV, whichever the cam and project are.

When the SW doesn't see the cam and you know your FW is okay at both ends, a settings mismatch is often the problem.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Adam,

I did do that. As I wrote in the original post, I tried with the camera set to HDV and the PP capture device settings on HDV, then I tried again with the camera set on SD and the PP capture device set on DV.
I got no connection with DV settings. But I could get a picture with HDV settings. But it was slow and flawed.

Also, what camera should I be chosing. I have been chosing Canon standard. Shouldn't I actually see my camera as a choice there?

Do I need to download a driver from Canon?

Thanks.

Al
Old January 16th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Major Player

Your camera hadn't been developed when PPro 1.5.1 was released back in 2005. The only HDV cameras back then were the JVC GR100 and the Sony FX1. No guarentee that it will work, but it might. The HDV features in PPro 1.5.1 were actually developed by Cineform, so that might be something to consider as well.
Old January 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Mike,

Do I need to install Aspect HD for Premiere Pro 2.0 (which is suppose to work on PP1.5)?

Also, I notice in the system requiremets that I am supposed to have Windows XP SP2. I need to check the class computers to make sure they have been upgraded. But I think they have been.

So is Cineform the same as Aspect HD?

There is a fifteen day trial, so I can always download as see how it works.

Thanks.

Any tips you and anyone else has are greatly appreciated.

Al
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #6
Major Player

Aspect should help, but you will be limited to the trial time.
Old January 19th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Just tried to download video from a Canon 7R65. I had the same problem. Whether it is the HV20 or ZR65, the computer says there is a problem connecting, and to restart the camera. I can control the both cameras, but nothing apprears in the capture mode. I think the problem may be with some sort of MicroSoft filter. I am going to call some tech guys who worked on the computer. I will let you guys now the problem once I figure it out. I may still need to get Cineform, but it's pointless right now until I can atleast connect with my ZR65, which is a pretty simple camera.

Let you know what happens soon as I figure it out.

Al
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Hi Alfred...........

Try downloading the Ulead Video Studio trial AND the Premier Elements trial and see if either of them will jump start this thing.

I've known nonworking systems (with camera downloads) to spring into life when another app is loaded and mysteriously keep working when the trial is over and the app removed.

Nothing to lose but some download time.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2008, 02:28 AM   #9
Regular Crew

a solution a last

Been a while, but I finally got the tech guys to look at the computers. It turns out that the computers were missing dozens of updates for Windows.

I tried again after the updates were installed, and it worked.

So that was the problem all along.

Thanks guys.

Alfred Diaz
www.advideoproductions.com
Alfred Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite