After Effects - INTO - Premiere CS3 - Alpha Not Working - NEED HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

After Effects - INTO - Premiere CS3 - Alpha Not Working - NEED HELP

Hello Everyone --
I'm really starting to get frustrated. I don't know what the heck is going on -- I considered myself to be pretty good with the CS3 suite, but now I'm really starting to doubt myself. Here's my situation:

I shot a subject on a green screen and imported the file into After Effects. I used keylight to get rid of the green, and moved her down into the lower corner of the video screen. She is going to be on-screen the entire time, just at the bottom left. I added a background with a mask to her corner of the screen so she wouldn't just be on the screen, and so she'd have a little bit of movement behind her. After I've done all of this, I click the little 'Transparency' button, and everything is transparent except for her and the little background in the bottom left hand corner. PERFECT!! Then on the views, I click to look at the Alpha Channel -- Everything is black except for her, and her background. PERFECT AGAIN!

However, when I export the file as an uncompressed AVI file -- pretty much the default export setting -- and then I import the file into Premiere CS3, I cannot get the alpha key to work. I click on interpret footage, and it says that the Alpha key is being interpretted. I put the footage on the timeline of my movie, and click 'Alpha' under the views in the monitor. EVERYTHING IS WHITE!!! WHAT THE HECK!??!?!

I'm really starting to get frustrated. Can someone help me? I would really appreciate it!
-jordan
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Okay -- I found the setting that I missed. Just in case anyone wants to know in the future -- under export settings, you have to export the RGB + ALPHA
Jordan Orberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite