Encoding MPG2 Files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Encoding MPG2 Files

Need some help:
I have had Easy Media Creator 9 sense last spring 2007. It has operated flawlessly with one exception which I have been able to work-a-round. When I would try to encode MPG2 from Adobe PPRO 1.5, Easy Media Creator 9 would not recognize the file. I also have Adobe Premiere Elements 2. I would create an AVI file of my project in PPRO 1.5 then bring it into Elements 2 and encode it to MPG2 there and save it to mydvd project folder. When I launched Easy Media Creator 9 it would recognize the new MEPG2 file encoded with the Adobe Elements 2 encoder. Within the last two weeks I have purchased Adobe Premiere cs3 which I have the same problem. If I didn't have Adobe Elements 2 I would be Out-of-luck. It seems like I should be able to encode a MPG2 file from PPRO 1.5 or PPro cs3 that would work in Easy Media Creator 9.
Any ideas or suggestions to correct this problem would be appreciated. I have very limited understanding of the encoding process so go slow with me.

Thanks in advance.
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Regular Crew

With PP CS3 its easy.
Choose "Adobe Media Encoder" from the export menu options and there's loads of settings including MPG2 files.Incidentally, I though PP CS3 now comes bundled with Encore for DVD authoring which is musch better the myDVD...
Hope this helps
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Major Player

Graham
Thanks for you reply. Yes I do plan on using Encore. It looks to be better. However I would still like to know why this problem occured Easy Media Creator 9. Thank again for your reply.

Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite