Getting past 1.5.1 "HDV Playback Settings" window at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 11th, 2008, 01:01 AM   #1
Major Player

Getting past 1.5.1 "HDV Playback Settings" window

I need some help with a minor issue when using Premiere Pro 1.5.1. I just shot some footage at the NHRA Winternationals and it looks OK. Shot it on my XHA1 at HDV /60i.

I dumped it into Premiere 1.5.1 to edit, and no problem there. But when I try to play it back, there's no sound. The audio mixer indicates that yes, there is audio with strong levels.

This is a common occurance for me on 1.5.1, and on DV projects, is remedied by going into Project---Project Settings---General---Playback Settings, and select one of the settings there, I do not recall which right now, but it works consistently and I get my audio.

But now on this HDV project, when I go to Project etc and select Playback Settings, it gives me a new "HDV Playback Settings" window that I have never seen before. It has the Cineform logo on the bottom of this window.

No matter what it will not allow me to access the Playback Settings that I need to get to min order to hear any audio playback at all.

How can I get past this Cineform window and set it so I can hear my audio?

Any help you may have would certainly be appreciated. I have edited only 2 other HDV projects and they did not have this issue, either.

Thanks in advance,
SW
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #2
Major Player

I would post on the 'Cineform Showcase' board - what is going on is the Playback Settings window is replaced by Cineform's own window if you use their preset. This is because Cineform is taking control of playback, using their own realtime playback engine.

There is no way to get back into the Playback Settings you are used to while using Cineform, to my knowledge. How are you monitoring your audio? Firewire? Or direct out of the back of your computer?

C
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #3
Major Player

Why do you need the "Playback settings" window to alter audio? Most of those settings are in preferences. The only exception would be the firewire option in the DV playback settings, but that is not supported in PPro 1.5.1 HDV mode.
Old February 12th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #4
Major Player

From "Playback Settings I get to the "DV Playback Settings" window. From there I would go to "Real Time Playback and select "Playback on DV hardware and desktop". Without doing that I don't get anything thru my computer's speakers.
For some reason my system does not default to that setting, so I need to go in and do it.
That is the issue. When editing in HDV I cannot get past that "HDV Playback Settings" window. Carl, I am going to take your advice and post this in the Cineform area.
Thanks to all for giving this issue your time.
Steve Wolla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite