DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How to view two video tracts at once? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/116255-how-view-two-video-tracts-once.html)

Alfred Diaz March 3rd, 2008 06:41 PM

How to view two video tracts at once?

I work with Premiere Pro 2.0.

I have laid in clips from two different cameras (Camera A and Camera B) that I got while shooting a concert. I now need to cut from Video Tract One and Video Tract Two on my sequence.

Is there anyway I can view the two video tracts in a dual monitor mode?

I know I can watch and edit two source monitors, but that is not what I want to do. I had to work hard to synch the clips from Camera A and Camera B. They are all syched. Now I just need to decide when to cut to each clip.

Again, I have Camera A clips on the First Video Tract. And I have Camera B clips on the second video tract. And I want to be able to watch both from my sequence at the same time.

If this is possible, please tell me how.

Thanks.

Al

Ger Griffin March 3rd, 2008 07:59 PM

Follow these steps exactly and you should be fine.

Do a new sequence (camA) and paste your CameraA footage into it on video track 1 timeline.
Do another new sequence (call it camB) and paste your cameraB into it on video 1 timeline
Do another sequence (call it "both cams") and pull in the camA sequence and place it on video track1. Place camB sequence on video track2 (directly over it).
Do one more called "final cams" and drop "both cams" sequence on video track 1.

Right click on clip in final cams and choose - multi cam - enable.

open your multi camera monitor and watch and cut between both.

Tom Blizzard March 3rd, 2008 08:01 PM

Al,
Whoops.........sorry, I didn't notice that you are using Pro 2.....
I'm using two cameras too. I can't use Ger's way with my Premiere 3 Just disregard....

Will Mahoney March 4th, 2008 10:47 AM

I've never messed with synchronizing cams and footage before, but I like to do things Macgyver-style and just go for it.

I'm using premier elements 3.0 and I have no mulit-cam options so here are my thoughts on what to do.

Drop one cam on Video TracK 1 and drop the other on Video Track 2. Then resize them both (50%?) so that they will fit on the screen, side by side (or above and below for HD, whatever). Now you can watch them both and see which cutting points you want to take.

Does that sound like a viable option?

Tom Blizzard March 4th, 2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Mahoney (Post 837215)
I've never messed with synchronizing cams and footage before, but I like to do things Macgyver-style and just go for it.

I'm using premier elements 3.0 and I have no mulit-cam options so here are my thoughts on what to do.

Drop one cam on Video TracK 1 and drop the other on Video Track 2. Then resize them both (50%?) so that they will fit on the screen, side by side (or above and below for HD, whatever). Now you can watch them both and see which cutting points you want to take.

Does that sound like a viable option?

Yep, it works.. that's what I do with 3.0

Adam Gold March 4th, 2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred Diaz (Post 836894)
I work with Premiere Pro 2.0.

I have laid in clips from two different cameras (Camera A and Camera B) that I got while shooting a concert. I now need to cut from Video Tract One and Video Tract Two on my sequence.

Is there anyway I can view the two video tracts in a dual monitor mode?

See if this works for you:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/pr...t_multicam.pdf

Alfred Diaz March 4th, 2008 12:47 PM

Will,

Reducing the size to 50 percent and watching it would be simplest. I did that once before, and I might do it again. But Adam's tutorial looks interesting.

Adam,

I will give it a shot and let you know if it worked out the way I needed. Thanks guys.

By the way, if the PP2 tutorial isn't exactly what I need, can other programs do this? It would be helpful because I cannot afford cameras with Gen-lock. So I have to roll both cameras and then synch them in the timeline, which I think a lot of people do with their weddings and concerts.

Thanks.

Alfred Diaz March 4th, 2008 02:03 PM

Adam,

Awesome. It worked great. I did five minutes right now and it was easy and kind of fun. Made me feel like a real field producer calling the shots (but with the ability to backup and do it over).

I stopped after 5 minutes because I need to do some color correction on one of the clips. And I think if I do that first, I won't have to go through and fix the individual clips later. Not certain if the new multi-camera sequence will change as I change my original synched sequence or the source videos.

Thanks for the tutorials. It was very helpful.

Alfred

Adam Gold March 4th, 2008 02:04 PM

Very glad it worked for you. I'm about to start cutting a six-camera project, which will be interesting as the multi-cam function in CS3 only supports four cams at once....