Slowdown using key frames...Suggestions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 3rd, 2008, 07:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Slowdown using key frames...Suggestions?

I've been using Premiere 3.0.2 for about 6 months now. I did search the forum for this issue, but came up empty handed.

No problems at all with capturing from two cameras and digital audio source(s). All other edit processes work great. However, I've noticed lately that there is a slowdown in response time when I change a keyframe marker on my timeline. It takes about 15 seconds from the time I move a keyframe marker untill the program lets me move on and do another edit.

I have done many suggested things, defrag, virus scan etc., etc. I'm using a duo core processor with XP and two gig of ram. Any ideas and/ or suggestions?
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Adobe has released several updates since 3.0.2. They're now up to 3.1.1. or 3.1.2. Don't know if the updates would fix your issue but worth a try.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Is the behaviour specific to this project or does it occur in every project? Maybe your project is corrupt. Happened to me more than once...
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Adobe has released several updates since 3.0.2. They're now up to 3.1.1. or 3.1.2. Don't know if the updates would fix your issue but worth a try.
Thanks Adam. Golly, I went to the Adobe site and tried to update my version and after all the download stuff it told me I was already updated. I couldn't find a 3.1.1 or a 3.1.2 anywhere on the site. How did you find it ??

Thanks Bart. Yes, every project on my computer and my wife's computer too.
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I have CS3 set to search for updates weekly, but you could just use the Update feature on the Help or Window menu (forget which, and capturing a long tape now so can't check)....
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks....Bart, you might be correct.

Adam,
Thanks for the tip. I went to the update heading in the HELP section. All it updated was Adobe Reader. No mention there of anything else.
I'm still looking.......

I did "restore" my computer in hopes of getting rid of what ever is slowing down the process. Of course I had to reinstall Premiere, but the problem still exists. At least with that project.
I can't figure out why there is no problem until I render the partially edited project and then things slow down...
Tom Blizzard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite