Creative New Ways to Make Us Crazy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 6th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Creative New Ways to Make Us Crazy

Just two weeks ago I finally upgraded from PP 1.5 to CS3. Yesterday, I opened up a new project to build a viewing reel for a client. Since it was only SD material, I used the DV-NTSC preset for the project settings--because I was asked to send the reel on miniDV.

After putting together about 17 minutes worth of clips, I decided to render the whole thing into one clip so I could apply the new timecode effect for a window burn. After four attempts, I gave up. Every time I tried to import the 17 minute clip back into the project, the audio was missing and the video was black. I re-checked my output settings for the avi and they were the same as the project. And when I opened up the folder that held my rendered clips, it played beautifully. What gives?

I eventually resorted to laying in transparent video on the 2nd video track and adding the timecode effect there, then printing to tape.

I have an AMD Dual Opteron, 2TB's of storage and recently completed a one-hour HD project (using Cineform Prospect) on this very same system with relatively few issues.

I am baffled by this new problem.
Jim Long is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite