editing presets? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #1
Regular Crew

editing presets?

Could someone explain how what project type you choose affects how Premiere Pro works.
For example if I've converted my HDV footage to an intermediate codec what type of project should I create? I'm guessing not HDV or any of the other file format specific ones.

What is 'desktop' editing mode? You mainly see it in the web presets.

If my final output is a say a progressive wide screen NTSC DVD what should I use? Maybe the DV presets?

The render presets for a project, does it matter what they are set to?

Anyone who could explain the underlying ideas behind project presets would be appreciated.
Eric Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Trustee

The project settings tell Premiere what is the format of your project, of all the sequences that you create. This means basically the video resolution and audio settings at which you will be working. In addition they define what compression you use for the rendering. For example, you could have HDV clips and internally render to Uncompressed. Or you could set the rendering to a low-quality setting like JPEG 40% to make a quick preview leaving the time consuming phase for later when you have finalized all the cuts.

The project settings takes care of it. Since you can mix together different types of media, video clips, photos, photoshop files etc. Premiere uses the presets to know what will be the resolution that you will be using in the project.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite