Video Preview (Forgive me) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Video Preview (Forgive me)

I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but I really can't find it when I search. Everything I read regarding PPCS3 seems to indicate that you can't watch a preview of the HDV footage you are capturing (on your monitor) IF you are using a MAC. This would seem to mean that you CAN preview your footage if you are using windows. If this is the case, however, I'm completely at a loss as to how it is accomplished. Anyone care to weigh in please? Thanks a ton.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Major Player

No, you cannot preview or split-scene even on Windows. I cannot believe Adobe can get away with this in 2008.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Major Player

I dont believe with the software alone you can accomplish either. I know with my matrox card you get both and more. But to answer your question, I don't think you can with the app by itself...

D
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Major Player

The PC version does not allow you to preview either. They simple ask you use your camera. I think they did it to help with performance and allow even slower machines to capture HDV.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Major Player

And I think they did it because they are just lazy. They should at least give us an option. No one's editing HDV on computers so slow they cannot preview during capturing.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2008, 08:16 PM   #6
Major Player

I had serrious issues watching the preview on my Macbook with only 1GB of RAM using Final Cut Express. Editing was fine but I needed a fresh boot to capture for more than 3 minutes, Otherwise the footage got way behind and it eventualy had to stop capturing to finish processing everything. An extra stick of RAM fixed that though. We will see what Adobe comes up with in the next patch/version. I wouldn't expect that type of option until another version. Be sure to suggest it to them on their website.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #7
Major Player

Yes, I hang around their bugs/suggestion page all the time :o)
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite