Premiere Pro CS3 mp3 unsupported?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 09:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro CS3 mp3 unsupported??

Hello,

I have problems importing .mp3 files into PPro CS3 projects. I gives a file import failure/file format not supported. I know this is impossible because I know premiere can, I can hear other sound (from video, other audio formats) in premiere and can hear .mp3 files in the computer (windows media, winamp, etc..) so I dont know how to fix or to look to fix the problem with premiere.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Jose Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Strange. I import MP3 into pp cs3 all the time.

Have you imported any mp3 into pp successfully before?? Do you have quicktime installed? I know that pp requires qt for some functions. However, I don't know whether it has anything to do with your problem.
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Major Player

Some MP3 files use features that are rare and not fully supported by every software library (e.g. 320 kbps). Try re-encoding the mp3 and see if it will read it then.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Is not that it works in other pc's around here and not in other. Quicktime already install and the bitrate is 160.

Any idea why works in some pc and not in the other????. All pc's have audio capabilities (we can listen to audio in both systems).
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Major Player

It might be a copyright issue. When you rip, change the setting on the window media ripper
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2008, 07:28 PM   #6
Trustee

I have read numerous times that PP doesn't like MP3s. As such I always convert to a wav before I import.

If you're looking for a good converter/ripper I've had great luck with EZ CD-DA Extractor. I paid US$25-30 for it five years ago and got free upgrades for life. It's a virtual Swiss Army Knife of ripping/converting/burning and well worth the cost.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 03:32 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hello guys,

The strange thing is the same installation of Premiere in one computer works and in other it doesn't, it's the same .mp3 and is a free copyright music file for podcasting. Strange!
Old April 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM   #8
Major Player

Is one of your pc's is vista? if that the case change your window ripper setting and everything should be fine (*_________*).
Kiflom Bahta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Hello again,

Both systems are on windows xp...but get this...in one I can't import .mp3's but can import .wav...but in the other and this is new can import .mp3's BUT CAN'T IMPORT .WAV'S...this is crazy!!!
Old September 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Milan View Post
Hello again,

Both systems are on windows xp...but get this...in one I can't import .mp3's but can import .wav...but in the other and this is new can import .mp3's BUT CAN'T IMPORT .WAV'S...this is crazy!!!
I had the same issue. This is what I did to fix it: uninstall premiere cs3, install latest quick time, install premiere with 3rd party software checked. Problem fixed. I can import and use ANY mp3s without conversion.
Dan Vassiliev is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite