DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   keeping my aspect ratio when exporting... p.pro 1.51 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/120554-keeping-my-aspect-ratio-when-exporting-p-pro-1-51-a.html)

Eduard Engel April 29th, 2008 09:39 AM

keeping my aspect ratio when exporting... p.pro 1.51

I must make a mistake.... But when i want to export my timeline to an avi something goes wrong.

To start I captured the (HDV-SD50) 720p50 scenes from my jvc gy-hd111e cam with cineforms Aspect HD. Until now everything is ok. As well in the standard windows mediaplayer aswell as p.pro 1.51 the aspect ratio is perfect 16:9 (pixel aspect ratio 1,422).

Editing works fine..

Exporting, im getting completely stuck in the possiblitys and what ever ill do my asepct ratio keeps getting messed up. I used all kinds of codecs now but can't find the right recipe. 16:9 gets deformed to all kinds of sizes but 16:9. The only thing I want from ppro is just add my filters and effect, glue everything together, and make a file of it without changing anything else.......

I would be very gratefull with some help,

best regards,
Eduard

Ervin Farkas April 29th, 2008 01:44 PM

What do you export in? In other words, what is your export format, codec, image size...

Eduard Engel April 29th, 2008 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ervin,

I used the cineform HD codec V3.6.2 progressive 50p image size 720x576 pixel aspect 1.422 (should give me a 16:9 image?)

The reason for exporting is to make a almost lossles piece of footage that can be used in other projects. I used the >file->export->movie function to get this done.... or not.....

regards Eduard

Ervin Farkas April 29th, 2008 07:35 PM

Well, I think you DID get it done!

In the PAL system video is always 720x576, regardless of aspect ratio. If you take this video and burn it to a standard definition DVD (making sure you set the pixel aspect ratio to 16x9), the resulting product will be a wide screen movie.

What might confuse you is that the video player you use to view the footage on your computer monitor, does not understand the 16x9 flag and plays the video as 4x3; in other words it displays the wrong pixel aspect ratio.

Eduard Engel April 30th, 2008 02:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok that sounds nice but.. why is it that the original footage shows up in all players in the right 16:9 aspect ratio and the exported version from prem.pro will not and shows up as 4:3. Even adobe won't understand the right aspect ratio any more ( see my screenshot, the left monitor window shows the original footage and the right monitor shows the exported and reïmported one)

I placed the original and exported footage on my website here www.werkfoto.net/dvinfo/original-footage.avi and www.werkfoto.net/dvinfo/exported-footage.avi

the original footage was exported with these settings:
------------
Export
Video and audio
Work area only

Filetype
Microsoft AVI

Video Settings
Compressor: CineForm HD Codec V3.6.2
Frame size: 720h 576v (1.422)
Frame rate: 50,00 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1/DV PAL Widescreen 16:9 (1.422)
Color depth: Millions of colors
Quality: 100 (out of 100)
Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings
Compressor: Uncompressed
Sample rate: 48000 samples/second
Channels: Stereo
Sample type: 16-bit
--------------------

futher on I can't change the pixelratio settings anymore with the "interpret footage" menu.

Eduard Engel April 30th, 2008 03:58 AM

I think I just discovered my mistake. When opening a new project I missed some settings. I started a new project chose for the HD Aspect 720x576 50 setting and now everything run like it should.

However I think it's strange when I choose for the mentioned settings in the export menu it's my humble opinion that this is what rules! I say 16:9 it should be 16:9, period. So mister Adobe what are YOU going to do about this.

On the other I hand I will promise to check my start setting more precise.

Thanks Ervin for your attention and a greet from Holland on a rainy Queensday.